Vongo Begins to Bang Drum
- Oz networks maneuver for upcoming season. Groves, Don // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the rivalry between Seven, Nine and Ten web networks in Australia. Apology spoken by Seven chairman Kerry Strokes for the anticipated decline in ratings; Stance of Nine programming director Michael Healy on the issue; Television programs which will be shown by Ten in 2005.
- Russia -- Digital Economy and Digital TV -- Insights, Statistics and Analysis. // Russian Telecom;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p15
The article presents insights, statistics, and analysis of Russia's cable television (TV), terrestrial, Internet protocol TV and satellite platforms, and highlights key developments in the country's digital economy and digital TV.
- Who do you believe? // Telecom Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the conflicting data gathered by some research firms such as PaidContent and SNL Kagan concerning the performance of cable television services with the introduction of internet-based television in the U.S.
- BC Week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p9
The article talks about the approaches used by television networks and studios towards achieving profitability in their online contents.
- Cable 'Lost' In Disney Plans. Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas; Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p47
Focuses on the issue concerning the decision of Walt Disney Co. to offer several hit TV programs online for free. Impact of the decision on video-on-demand services of cable operators; Reasons for the long-standing dispute between cable operators and Walt Disney; Advantages of offering video...
- THE WEBS. // Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 8, p50
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting on the Web as of October 9, 2000. Deal of producer Rob Greenberg with WBTV; Negotiation between Regency TV executive Tracy Katsky with Gail Berman, entertainment president of the network; Audience rating of Nickelodeon on September 30, 2000.
- Networks Think Outside the Box. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the use of the Internet in cable-network television programming in the U.S. Background on the broadcasting of the artistic gymnastics world championship over the Internet by World Championship Sports Network; Availability of movie titles for downloading from Starz Entertainment...
- The powers that be: The black hole of regulation, censorship and money-making. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the issues on China's internet protocol television (IPTV) and digital, bi-directional TV (DTV). It mentions that competition between the two platforms has predictably split along operator lines, with DTV being promoted by cable network operators, and IPTV advanced by...
- Product focus--IPTV. // Market: Europe;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
This article announces that one of the world's largest multi-national telecommunications companies is upgrading its service in the Czech Republic and would offer Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). IPTV refers to digital television programming delivered over the Internet instead of broadcast or...