Dish Rotates Preview Nets
- Who wants to be a multi-million television audience attractor? Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;7/28/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p21
Focuses on the efforts of ITV to reconnect with its advertisers with the hosting of a special charity edition of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire? in South Bank, England. Success of the network in combining commercial success with public service programming; Launch of the autumn program line-up of...
- Sloppy Math. Barry, Kevin // MediaWeek;04/30/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p30
Discusses the issues surrounding the local cable operators and alternative delivery systems (ADS) in the broadcast television industry. Viewership; ADS contribution to cable audiences; Measurement of television audiences.
- CNBC Australia. // B&T Weekly;9/24/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2490, Special section p7
Features CNBC Australia, a network that is focus on providing relevant and up-to-date local and business news. Provision of targeted business and investment-related information by the network; Audience of the network; Advertisers in the network.
- Horowitz Survey: Target Multicultural Gen Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p22
The article cites findings of a report released by Horowitz Associates Inc. according to which America's population aged 12 to 24 is getting more multicultural, digital and convergence-friendly by the day. Four out of five multicultural citizens surveyed in Horowitz's report subscribe to either...
- In Mexico, Aprende TV is a learning experience. Bensinger, Ken // Variety;1/24/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the launch of Aprende TV, an education and culture channel developed by the cable trade group National Chamber of the Cable Television Industry, in Mexico City. Information on the channel; Target audiences of the channel.
- The Impact Of Cable on Traditional TV News Viewing. Henke, Lucy L.; Donohue, Thomas R.; Cook, Christopher; Cheung, Diane // Journalism Quarterly;Spring84, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p174
Examines the impact of cable television on traditional television news viewing in Lexington, Kentucky. Changes in the television habits of viewers; Effect of cable on broadcasting; Total number of respondents to the telephone survey.
- Local news has cable blues. Barnhart, Aaron // Electronic Media;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the impact of cable television on local television news broadcasts in the United States as exemplified by the viewing habits of television audiences in Kansas City, Missouri. Reduction of ratings due to cable programs; Observation of schedules when television viewers in the city are...
- Ricki Lake Plots Talk-Show Comeback. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p7
Focuses on the plans of U.S. actress Ricki Lake create a new television talk show. Efforts of the ICM network to look for studios interested in broadcasting the show; Audience that will be catered by the show; Effect of Lake's ownership interest in the show on the deal-making process.
- CABLE CHANNELS TAKE AIM AT WOMEN. Goodwin, Betty // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p10
This article focuses on the effort of cable networks to tailor their programming to women. In increasing numbers, women are tuning in to basic cable networks geared to women as well as those aimed at families. Leading the way is Lifetime Television Network, which far outdraws its niche rivals in...