Slow Burn for 'Sopranos'
- Top cablers trend down for year. Kissell, Rick // Variety;6/4/2012, Vol. 427 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses the television ratings of broadcast and cable networks including CBS, Fox, and ESPN during the 2011 and 2012 season that ended May 28, 2012, mentioning the programs "The Walking Dead" and "Hatfields and McCoys."
- Preemptions make syndie sector suffer. Paskin, Willa // Daily Variety;7/14/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the ratings of several television programs from various networks in the U.S. Percentage ratings of each programs.
- `Sopranos' can't hold subs. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/13/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the condition of the Home Box Office (HBO) Cable Television Network in the United States as of March 2000. Consistency of HBO's juggernaut ratings; HBO subscription gain in January and loss in February; Attribution of the gain to the popularity of the show, The Sopranos; Public...
- Going to mat for audience. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p3
Highlights the initiatives of Channel 9, the United Paramount Network (UPN) affiliate in New York, to improve its ratings. Shows that boost the station's prime time viewership; Nielsen ratings for the first two weeks of sweeps November 1999; Projected decline of station's 1999 revenue.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Household rating of SportsNet NY for its baseball telecast in May 2006; Increase in the overall ratings of the second round of the National Basketball Association playoff coverage of TNT in 2006.
- Everyone's down, but it's not all bad. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;10/23/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 4, p28
The article analyses the performances of six broadcast networks in the U.S. It is stated that all major cable television networks are suffering year-over-year declines. CBS Television Network has a 11.2 million viewers, which is a decline of 6% from the previous year. ABC Television Network...
- Wide Open Weblet. Kissell, Rick; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;02/25/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 60, p1
Reports that United Paramount Network (UPN) has posted significant ratings increases in the 1999-2000 season, overtaking its rival Warner Brothers in total viewers and adults 18-49 in the United States. Comments by UPN head Dean Valentine; Ratings for the primetime shows of UPN; Programming...
- Soap bubbling up for Disney. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;04/05/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the ratings success of the Soap Net, a division of Walt Disney Corp., in the United States. Rank in primetime among all basic-cable networks in women 25-54 for the first quarter of 2001; Composition of the network's primetime schedule; Expected growth in the number of subscribers.
- NTV takes aud crown. // Daily Variety;04/05/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 24, p8
Reports on Nippon Television Network Corp.'s domination of television ratings in Japan in all time periods during 1999.