Moving Beyond Local News
- CABLE TV. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p16
Focuses on cable television networks in the United States as of April 10, 2000. Expansion in the daily coverage of business news of CNNfn; Promotion of Allen Sabinson to the position of senior vice president of programming at A&E Networks; Information on the lineup of programming of Home &...
- Not necessarily enough news. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/08/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p72
Reports on the ratings performance of cable news networks in April 2000. Ratings share lost by CNN to primetime programming; Factors attributed to the drop in ratings; Focus of news on Elian Gonzales, the child caught between government immigration officials and a quasi-kidnapping by his...
- CNN and Mars. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;11/23/98, Vol. 235 Issue 21, p64
Focuses on the role of CNN in the coverage of news of worldwide importance. Coverage of the Iraq global crisis; Role of Ted Turner in bringing information to televiewers.
- Network To the World. Haley, Kathy // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p4A
Focuses on the changes in Cable News Network's (CNN) 24-hour news broadcasts. Competition of the cable network with ABC and Westinghouse; Goals of the network for CNN2; Subscriber counts for CNN2 and rival SNC; Influence of the network on television news.
- The (Busy) People's Network. Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p6A
Focuses on CNN Headline News television network's strategy in news programming. Changes in the network's format in 1999 aimed at creating viewer-friendly shows; Additions to the network's line of anchors; `Anti-flow' philosophy in the network's programming.
- Raising the Bar. Haley, Kathy // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p8A
Focuses on Cable News Network's global news-gathering operation. Number of news bureaus under the network; Expansion of the network's operation during the 1990s; Strategy of the network to enhance its reputation in the news business.
- Big Growth en Espanol. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p14A
Features CNN en Espanol, a cable news network targeting the Latin American market. Notable events in the region covered by the network; Expansion plans; Availability.
- Longhorn launch. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p67
Reports that Texas Cable News is planning to take a state-wide approach to news. Debut of the network on January 1, 1999; Reliance of the channel on A.H. Belo's television stations; Formal affiliations with stations and papers in Texas towns.
- ITV outlines details of post-News at Ten peaktime schedule. // Campaign;01/29/99, Issue 4, p6
Introduces ITV's nighttime news bulletins, an integral portion of the British cable network's program overhaul to increase audience reach in 1999. Replacement for the program `News at Ten'; Evaluation of the audience impact of entertainment programs.