News Networks' TOP STORY: Facing the Future
- Digital Cable Should Expect Growth Spurt. // Response;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
This article reports that digital cable subscribers in the New York City are expected to increase by 11 percent. According to the report of the recent research the number of subscribers is likely to reach 43 million homes by the year 2009. In order to keep the number of subscribers climbing...
- New Ratings Era May Be Out of the Box. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p66
The article reports on the ratings in which researchers have derived data directly from the cable television's digital set-top devices in the U.S. As the population of these digital set-top devices and associated measurement software increases, television researchers believe that there is an...
- RABBIT EARS DETECT HEARTBEAT. Caranicas, Peter // Variety;2/22/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 2, p13
The article examines how an increasing number of television viewers are abandoning cable television in favor of receiving over-the-air television broadcasting signals by the use of antennas. The introduction of mandatory digital television signals from local television stations has resulted in...
- Make DTV Albatross Into an Asset. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/5/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p28
Focuses on prospects for digital television (DTV) in the United States as of May 2003. Significance of DTV to broadcasters; Response of various cable television networks to high definition television; Steps that should be taken to promote DTV among television viewers in the U.S.
- Capturing Asia's adventure lovers. Madden, Normandy; Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p15
Reports that Discovery Channel and National Geographic are competing for the adventure inclined cable television viewers in Asia. Information on their cable television programs; Investments of the competitors; Information on the market.
- CABLE RISKS ORIGINAL TRAFFIC JAM. Dempsey, John // Variety;09/04/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the risks facing cable television networks in the United States when getting viewers watch a new weekly series. Efforts of some networks on the matter; Statements from networks executives.
- N.Y. Cablevision subs: Don't change our dial! Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/10/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on difficulties faced by cable television viewers in New York City due to overhauling of channel lineup by the city-based cable operator Cablevision. Reasons why Cablevision has to make the move; Changes that can be made by cable operators once they get permission for digital...
- India cable access up. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;6/21/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the increase in the access of television homes to cable and television satellite in India.
- Summer Sundays sizzle at Lifetime. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the household ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Viewership of Lifetime Television; Decrease in the ratings of Cartoon Network; Household rating of TNT.