TiVo Tries Putting Web Videos on TV
- The Next Phase for Netflix. Hibberd, James // Entertainment Weekly;3/2/2012, Issue 1196, p65
The article discusses on-demand Internet streaming media and Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) by mail service Netflix, focusing on the website's performance in 2011 and its focus on integrating original content into their business model.
- Peaceful co-existence. Santo, Brian // CED;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p3
In the article the author discusses the report of the U.S. based internet television network Netflix Inc, on the future for television.
- Netflix typifies the competition pay-TV platforms are having to face. STREET, ALEX // New Media Age;5/27/2010, p25
The author examines the attempt made by U.S. video rental service provider Netflix to develop a hybrid distribution strategy that capitalizes on the growth of web-television platforms.
- Davies on TV - 28.06.12. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age (Online Edition);6/28/2012, p7
The article reports on a flurry of activity in the video-on-demand and connected television (TV) world. This week, both Google TV and YouView are gearing up to unveil their products. Netflix Inc. has announced plans to debut the revived Arrested Development in Great Britain. Platform and device...
- NPD: 40% of connected-TV Owners Stream Netflix. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;1/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
The article cites the NDP Group's survey which revealed that the streaming service of Netflix in the fourth quarter of 2012 was popular among households with television (TV) connected to the Internet.
- NETFLIX TO JOIN NASDAQ 100. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/10/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p4
The article announces that Internet television network Netflix has joined the NASDAQ 100 Index, NASDAQ 100 Equal Weighted Index, and NASDAQ 100 Ex-Technology Sector Index.
- $2B Cure for 'Netflix Fatigue'? ARNOLD, THOMAS K. // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses aspects of Netflix, an Internet streaming media company's business expansion and investment policy, which includes comments on business competition, challenges of the online TV industry and Netflix's $ 2 billion investment on content.
- Translating the Year in Tech. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;12/22/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p26
The article discusses the top technology trends of 2014 which include all-Internet Protocol (all-IP) television services, over-the-top (OTT) services by streaming media firm Netflix and electronic commerce firm Amazon, and Reference Design Kit (RDK) for cable-modem specification.
- Netflix gets pair of price target hikes. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;8/10/2015, p00
The article reports on the financial performance of American Internet television company Netflix Inc. as of August 2015, highlighting its price target hikes, increased stock market and subscriber gains.