HBO Puts Sports on VOD Front Page
- Brazil's Pay TV Game. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;May2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the different cable television operators in Brazil that provide pay-per-view services for sports programs and events. Viewership of soccer and extreme sports events; Pay-per-view rates from Pan-American Sports Network and SporTV; Advertisers of cable and satellite networks.
- Pay Per View Has a Future. Again. Umstead, Thomas // Multichannel News;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p16
The article expresses opinion on the plans of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) for distributing boxing events on pay-per-view (PPV). The price ranges from $35 to $50 per event from each interested household. HBO is believed to be on pace to break its 1999 all-time PPV revenue record of $200 million...
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- On Deck. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on the launching of regional sports cable network SportsNet New York in Spring 2005. Sports events that it will organize are listed. Star attractions of the network are described.
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- Major Leagues On Demand. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p44
Discusses the decision of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the National Football League (NFL) to offer video-on-demand service through their digital cable networks across the U.S. Role of the VOD service in the NFL television channel; Distribution deals forged by the NFL Network...
- Defending the Belt. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p10
The article focuses on the 100th pay-per-view event milestone of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on July 11, 2009. According to Zuffa LLC chief executive officer (CEO) Lorenzo Fertitta, the UFC is building a franchise that generates millions in revenue on pay-per-view and forging brand...
- Programmers Focus on Free VOD Fare. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p28
The article reports on the calls of various cable operators for more free video-on-demand (VOD) fare among multicultural programmers in the U.S. According to analyst Deana Meyers, capable operators realize that they can get more subscribers by targeting minorities with free VOD. However,...
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...