Va. Player Isn't Cavalier About IP
- Your week: 19% television. wolchak, peter // Backbone;Nov/Dec2012, p8
The article reports that according to a study from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, in an average week in 2011, media consumption included 28.5 hours of watching television, 17.7 hours often listening to the radio, and 2.8 hours of watching Internet television.
- H1 Telekom IPTV now nationwide. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Feb2012, p7
The article reports on the announcement made by Croatian alternative telecommunications provider H1 Telekom that its Internet Protocol television (IPTV) service already has nationwide coverage.
- IPTV continues to defy economic gravity in Europe. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/21/2012, p12
The article reports that Internet Protocol television (IPTV) has been compensating European telecommunication companies for declining fixed line voice revenues as subscriber numbers and revenues increase.
- Co-ops gear up for IPTV launch. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
The article informs that Argentine telecom cooperatives have planned to launch the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) by the end of 2014, after getting authorization from the Federal Authority of Audiovisual Communication Services (AFSCA).
- Ten Argentine cooperatives to launch IPTV in H2- report. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article reports the launch of Internet Protocol television (IPTV) services by ten telecommunications cooperatives in Argentina's cities including Buenos Aires, Cordoba and Santa Fe in the second half of 2014.
- Learning curves. Stephen, Craig // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2007, p24
The article provides information on the operations of PCCW, a telecommunications company in Hong Kong, China. According to the article, PCCW recorded a significant subscriber milestone when it became the first Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) operator to surpass a cable TV provider in a major...
- Triple time. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2008, p28
The article reports on the growth of Internet Protocol television (IPTV) service in Chile. Spain's Telefonica, one of Europe's biggest IPTV exponents, chose Chile's capital, Santiago, for its first launch of an IPTV service in Latin America. Not only does Chile have the highest levels of...
- Two Latin American telcos choose Agama DTV monitoring system. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/ 9/2012, p5
The article reports that Agama Technologies digital television (DTV) monitoring system has been selected by two Latin American telecommunications operators for Internet protocol television (IPTV) quality assurance.
- Batelco launches IPTV in new development areas. // Iraq Telecom;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the launch of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) services by Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco), initially for customers in certain newly developed areas, such as Reef Island, including video on demand (VOD) content in full high definition (HD).