ReelzChannel: Curtain Finally Opens
- Summer Surge Powers Cable to 3Q Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p10
Reports the ratings and viewership of cable television for the third quarter of year 2002 in the U.S. Launch of competitive summer television shows by cable television companies; Victory of Lifetime Television network on the primetime household ratings race; Domination on the demographic...
- Bustin' out all over. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/12/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 25, p37
Reports on the summer 2000 program lineup of United States cable television networks. Expected spending on programming; VH-1; Launch of original shows; Comedy Central; Turner Network Television.
- Shocking Behavior. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p42
Deals with provocative and offensive programs on cable television. Reasons for showing these programs; Impact on viewership and audience share; Overview of shows from USA Networks, TBS SuperStation, Turner Television Network and other cable networks.
- CNBC: Frisky TV for the Financially Addicted. Quarrels, Ellsworth // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p7
Presents information on CNBC cable television network. Description of the programs; Efforts in coping up with recession; Personality of viewers.
- LATE NEWS. // Variety;12/23/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the move of cable television company Showtime to scale back its original movies to forge into areas such as reality and animation. Percentage of the planned reduction; Amount of its programming budget for 2003; Number of movies to be released by Showtime in 2003.
- The Cablers. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;01/17/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 9, p60
Presents update on the cable television industry in the United States as of January 17-23, 2000. Television programs added by Lifetime to its list; Television rights acquired by FX; Person appointed as senior vice president of planning, scheduling and program operations at Fox Family Channels...
- IN ON THE ACTION. Groves, Don // Variety;04/23/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the sales and subscription growth of AXN Asia cable network as of April 23, 2001. Overview of AXN shows; Plans of the channel to produce Mandarin versions of certain shows; Increase in the penetration rate of the station.
- Novelas all over and a $1M game show. Ault, Susanne; McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;05/22/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the television programming schedules announced by Univision and Telemundo for fall 2000. Univision's Spanish-language game show `A Million'; Telemundo's game show `Numero Rojos'; Situation comedies; Latin explosion claimed by Univision's Henry Cisneros; Primetime launchings for...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.