Conn.: IPTV Isn't Cable TV
- Cable Firms Rip Conn. IPTV Order. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the reaction of cable television companies and state officials over the decision of the Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control (DPUC) to classify Internet Protocol television as a non-cable service. Request of cable operators and officials to the DPUC to put its ruling on...
- Russia -- Digital Economy and Digital TV -- Insights, Statistics and Analysis. // Russian Telecom;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p15
The article presents insights, statistics, and analysis of Russia's cable television (TV), terrestrial, Internet protocol TV and satellite platforms, and highlights key developments in the country's digital economy and digital TV.
- Who do you believe? // Telecom Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the conflicting data gathered by some research firms such as PaidContent and SNL Kagan concerning the performance of cable television services with the introduction of internet-based television in the U.S.
- Tapping Into Internet TV Technology. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p23
The article reveals that cable operators and technology vendors are examining ways to deliver high quality video over existing hybrid fiber-coaxial networks using Internet Protocol infrastructure. It details steps toward Internet video technologies. The article discusses the integration of...
- BC Week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p9
The article talks about the approaches used by television networks and studios towards achieving profitability in their online contents.
- IPTV puts home networking under fire. Vrrrore, Vince // Telephony;1/23/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p13
The article provides information on the Internet protocol television market which is proving to be quite a threat to home networking technologies. It assesses the Multimedia Over Coax Alliance (MOCA), which picked up two important endorsements when Siemens' customer premises equipment group and...
- Cable Tests the IP Waters. Robuck, Mike // Communications Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p25
This article focuses on Internet Protocol TVs (IPTVs). For cable operators, IPTV can mean transporting content from one head-end to another. Cable operators also use IP for their backbones, video-on-demand deployments, metropolitan area networks and broadcast of video content to distribution...
- Thinking out of the idiot box. Dadwal, Namrata // Money Today;Sep2009, p14
The article focuses on the direction of the television set towards being intelligent with the direct-to-home (DTH) broadcast and Internet Protocol TV (IPTV). A mini satellite dish is used by DTH that can be installed anywhere, which is connected to a set-top box (STB), which is linked to the...
- EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT CABLE TECHNOLOGY. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/24/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p8
The article presents facts about cable technology. It denotes a shift in the cable technology which are moving toward Internet Protocol (IP) video and IPTV that are considered as more efficient and cheaper than regular cable television. It notes a trend among cable providers that offers the core...