Sudden infant death syndrome
- Vary sleep position of baby. // Mothering;Apr-Jun97, Issue 83, p67
Provides information regarding sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Positions that are best for babies during bed time; Others.
- Safe-Sleep Alert. Schaaf, Rachelle Vander // Parenting;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p47
Discusses the safety measures needed to prevent sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Tips when planning to purchase a crib; Type of mattress recommended to be used in a crib; Sleeping positions of newborns; Bacteria barrier products. INSET: Preventing SIDS.
- Sudden infant death syndrome in child care settings in the Netherlands. de Jonge, G. A.; Lonting, C. I.; Brand, R.; Ruys, J. H.; Semmekrot, B. A.; van Wouwe, J. P. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;May2004, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p427
Background: In the Netherlands, there is a very low incidence of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) due to effective preventive campaigns. Methods: During the period September 1996 to August 2002, nationwide 161 deaths from SIDS (about 85% of all cases of SIDS during that time) were...
- New SIDS guidelines. Kelly, Elizabeth; Fallows, Carol // Australia's Parents;Oct/Nov97, Issue 101, p59
Examines the possibilities of reducing instances of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Recommendations offered with regards to SIDS prevention.
- Are risk factors for sudden infant death syndrome different at night? Williams, S.M.; Mitchell, E.A.; Taylor, B.J. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Oct2002, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p274
Aims: To determine whether the risk factors for SIDS occurring at night were different from those occurring during the day. Methods: Large, nationwide case-control study, with data for 369 cases and 1558 controls in New Zealand. Results: Two thirds of SIDS deaths occurred at night (between 10 pm...
- Grants. // Bangor Metro;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on the effort by the Aroostook Medical Center to reduce incidents of sudden infant death syndrome through education and the HALO sleep blanket.
- Health Care. Deas, Gerald W.; Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;6/6/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 23, p18
Reports developments related to medical care in New York as of June 2002. Use of aspirin in improving the quality of life among diabetics; Prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome; Recommendation of enteric-coated aspirin to avoid complications in high-risk diabetic patients.
- Most home monitoring to prevent SIDS discouraged. Pohl, Charles; Russell, John J. // Patient Care;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p77
Focuses on the use of home cardiorespiratory monitors (CRM) in decreasing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Views of the Committee on Fetus and Newborn of the American Academy of Pediatrics regarding the use of CRM; Factors that contributed to a warranted use of a home CRM;...
- Diagnosis and Clinical Management. // Current Medical Literature: Pediatrics;2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p116
The article offers an overview of several research related to pediatrics. A study has concluded that bronchoscopy should be mandatory for children who have persistent symptoms or any abnormal physical or chest radiological findings to determine if there is foreign-body inhalation. A research...