Microvascular dysfunction in cardiac syndrome X: the role of inflammation
- Simple Way to Predict Heart Disease and Strokes. // Medical Update;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p3
Discusses research being done on the detection of heart disease and strokes. Reference to a study by Karen Margolis et al, published in a 2005 issue of the "Archives of Internal Medicine"; Impact of inflammation on strokes and heart disease; Effects of inflammation on blood vessels; Importance...
- C-REACTIVE PROTEIN AND CARDIAC RISK STRATIFICATION. Bhatia, Vishal // Current Medical Literature: Cardiology;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on C-reactive protein (CRP) and cardiac risk stratification. CRP levels in men and women; Mechanisms responsible for the association between CRP and cardiovascuiar disease.
- Should You Be Tested? Lemonick, Michael D.; Park, Alice // Time;1/17/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p67
Reports that new medical studies suggest that the levels of c-reactive protein (CRP) are just as important as LDL levels for determining risk of heart disease. Definition of CRP and how it shows inflammation; Study from Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston which showed that CRP reduction may...
- Monomeric C-reactive protein and inflammatory injury in myocardial infarction. Frangogiannis, Nikolaos G. // Cardiovascular Research;Oct2012, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p4
No abstract available.
- Should inflammatory markers change your approach to heart disease? Amsterdam, Ezra A.; Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p16
Presents an update on the changing field of inflammation and heart disease and ways in which research findings do and do not change clinical practice. Clinical use of inflammatory markers; Overview of studies which seemed to reinforce the independent role of C-reactive protein in cardiovascular...
- Akut Ä°skemik Ä°nme ile Akut Faz ReaktanlarÄ± ArasÄ±ndaki Ä°liÅŸki. Gül, Mehmet; Cander, Başar; Girişgin, Sadık; Tokgöz, Serhat; Koçak, Sedat; Bircan, Metin; Kaya, Halil // Journal of Academic Emergency Medicine / Akademik Acil Tip Olgu ;Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p161
Objective: The role played by inflammation in the etiopathogenesis of stroke has been intensively investigated in recent years. In this clinical study, the relationship between acute phase reactants (APR) and acute ischemic stroke (AIS) was investigated. Material and Methods: 126 patients with...
- small CHANGES= BIG RESULTS. Magee, Anna // Good Health (Australia Edition);Jan2013, p36
The article reports that according to experts, a series of small changes is more likely to deliver better health because they are easier to stick to over time. Research from Duke University in the U.S. has found a strong association between expressing anger repeatedly and an inflammatory marker...
- C-Reactive Protein, Inflammation, and Cardiovascular Disease. Ridker, Paul M. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2005, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p384
Presents an article about C-reactive protein, inflammation and cardiovascular disease in women. Link between the metabolic syndrome and C-reactive protein; Reduction of C-reactive protein with exercise; Data on statins.
- Another Culprit to Watch. LeWine, Howard // Newsweek;1/17/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 3, p48
Reports that two new studies confirm that inflammation may be just as important as cholesterol in causing heart attacks and strokes. Background on the research on C-reactive protein (CRP) conducted in people with coronary artery disease; How factors other than cholesterol also increase the risk...