The Serviceability of Polyester/Cotton Sheets in Domestic Use
- Pollack. // Interior Design;2003 Fall Market, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p52
The article provides information on the Fabricadabra collection of textiles from Pollack Associates. It is made of several types of fabrics such as polyester and viscose. The collection is available in vertical and horizontal patterns.
- ECO-FRIENDLY PROTURA COTTON. McCall, Tom // AATCC Symposium Papers;2008, p111
The article focuses on the development of environment-friendly ProTura cotton and its opportunities for coloration and design. It notes that cotton and cationic cotton blends are combined to create special fabric effects. The ProTura blends can be dyed through reactive, direct, and acid dyes....
- By the Seashore. // House Beautiful;Jul2004, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p44
Presents several fabrics with beach motifs. Tahiti 33323/4 from Clarence; Maldives F2462 in Outremer 1 made by Pierre Frey; Cote D'Azur 26635-008 from ScalamandrÃ©.
- SOLUBILITY PARAMETER CONCEPT IN DYEING STUDIES OF POLYESTER AND NYLON 6. Bommu, Rama R.; Nakamura, Takashi; Rao, B. V. // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2000, p1
The article presents a study which evaluates the polyester and nylon six dye structure and characteristics through the application of the solubility parameter concept. It explores the importance of determining the solubility parameter to identify the link between the theory of solutions and...
- Enzymatic Deinking of Cellulose Fabric. Zeyer, Christian; Rucker, James W.; Joyce, Thomas W.; Heitmann, John A. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Mar94, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
The influence of surface friction on the performance of cellulases in the removal of screen printing ink from cotton fabric is investigated. The removal of Ink can be correlated to the amount of ink and the amount of surface friction. It is shown that enzymes are responsible for the removal of...
- Using Vacuum Slot Extraction To Apply DP Finish To Cotton and Cotton/Polyester Blended Fabrics. Holser, Ronald A.; Harper Jr., Robert J.; Lambert, Allan H. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Nov86, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p29
A pilot scale vacuum slot extractor was used to apply DMDHEU finish to cotton and cotton/polyester blended fabrics. Physical properties of fabric treated by this method compared favorably to fabric processed by conventional pad bath immersion and by loop transfer pad treatment. Fabric properties...
- Laura Lienhard. // Interior Design;2004, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p56
The article features the Lotus fabric from Laura Lienhard. This fabric is woven from cotton, polyester, and lurex and is part of the Vernal collection.
- CHOICE MATERIALS. Combs, Terry // Impressions;Jun/Jul2014 Supplement, p18
The article discusses the various processes in digital printing and the garments that are deemed suitable for each. Cotton fabrics with ring-spun fabrics are deemed to work best with direct-to-garment printers as they operate using water-based ink. Polyester garments are considered to be made...
- ENHANCEMENT OF POLYESTERS DYEABILITY VIA SOLVENT PRETREATMENT. Hanna, H. L.; Haggag, K.; El-Shimy, N. S. // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2000, p1
The article discusses a study which examines ways to enhance the dyeing process of polyesters through solvent pretreatment. It investigates the interaction of solvents with synthetic fibers, as well as the changes in their mechanical and physicochemical properties that dye diffusion and...