The Sentimentalizing of 'Self-Esteem'
- Appreciate Yourself for Who You Really Are! Hiatt, Marta // Going Bonkers;Winter2009, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on self-esteem and the ways to boost confidence in yourself. Self-esteem is the most important quality needed for success in relationships, work, and life and people who possess it generally feel that they are lovable, competent and have something to offer to others. The...
- oh, embraceable you. Sohn, Emily // Health (Time Inc. Health);Apr2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p93
Offers insights on having a stable sense of self-esteem. Challenges in balancing the levels of self-esteem; Ways to build self-esteem; Importance of balanced self-esteem. INSET: Join the ranks of the stably secure.
- Proper Attire. Wofford, Monica // Personal Excellence;Sep2007, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p10
The article offers advice on how to boost our self-esteem. We have voices in our heads that tell us how we think others see us. These can have an effect on our self esteem. We control these voices and how we control them can alter our mood. Keeping things real, being careful of what we keep...
- The NO-EXCUSES guide to getting what YOU WANT. // Cleo;Jun2007, p84
The article offers suggestions on how to boost one's self-esteem. Millions of people suffer from not-good-enough syndrome and have self-esteem so low it adversely affects their relationships, work prospects, body image and quality of life. Living a naughtier life is simply about learning how to...
- THE love yourself LIST. Rochester, A. J. // Cleo;Jan2006, p162
Thee article focuses on loving oneself among women. Treating oneself well will make a person feel good about herself. Put a list of the things that may help a person feel good and increase self-esteem.
- You are a good mom. // Parenting;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p26
Reports that several people tend to underestimate their abilities when doing something they are not capable of according to a study.
- Promoting Self-Esteem in Adolescents: The Influence of Wellness Factors. Myers, Jane E.; Willise, John T.; Villalba, Jos� A. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Winter2011, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p28
To assess the extent to which holistic wellness factors are predictive of self-esteem, the authors administered the Coopersmith Self-Esteem Inventories, School Form (Coopersmith, 2002), and the Five Factor Wellness Inventory (Myers & Sweeney, 2005a) to 225 adolescents ages 15 to 17 years....
- The Theology of Self-Esteem. Schuller, Robert H. // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun1980, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p42
Offers a look at the theology of a man's self-esteem. Nature of man; Importance of self-esteem; Reason of man for seeking self-esteem; Precepts of the theology of self-esteem. INSET: About the Author.
- Cultivating Confidence. Parachin, Victor M. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p36
The article offers tips on cultivating self-esteem and self-confidence. These include avoidance of comparing oneself to others, maintaining a positive attitude and overcoming challenges.