Capitalism and Capital Formation in Northern Italy during the Thirteenth Century
- Trade woes. Topik, Steven C. // World Trade;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p112
Focuses on the way in which American merchantmen conducted trade during the 18th and 19th centuries. American ships' domination of the trans-Atlantic passenger and mail service; America's trade deficit at the end of the 19th century; American consumption of Brazilian coffee.
- ARAB TRADERS. Coupe, Robert // Travelers & Traders;2003, p8
Over 1,000 years ago, Arabic traders from the Middle East traveled over land and sea to trade with people in other countries. Their religion taught that trading was a worthy occupation, and merchants were highly respected in Arabian society. They traveled eastward to India and parts of Asia, and...
- Three Ways to Go From Bricks to Clicks. Ramaswami, Rama // Operations & Fulfillment;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the findings of a study on electronic-business. Structure of electronic-business; Classification of merchants; Factors that need to be considered in entering electronic business.
- It's the time to be online. // Advertising Age;11/24/97, Vol. 68 Issue 47, p24
Advises national retail stores to monitor the amount of sales they do over the Internet during the 1997 holiday season. 1997 as the first real time electronic commerce is readily available; Reasons for this; Challenges faced by online merchants; Warning to retailers.
- TEXTS RELATING TO THE ARCHIVE OF TURAM-ILI IN THE SULAIMANIAH MUSEUM. Taher, Sarood T. Mohammed // Journal of Cuneiform Studies;2010, Vol. 62, p25
The article offers information on the archive of Turam-ili in the Sulaimaniah Museum in Iraq. It states that the archive is an important source for study of Mesopotamia in terms of its commercial activity. It notes that Turam-ili is a Mesopotamian merchant who was active during the reigns of...
- TIPS FOR A MASTERING MOBILE COMMERCE. DOWLING, MELISSA // Multichannel Merchant;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p7
The article presents several tips on how merchants could manage mobile commerce including focusing on speed and navigation, placing one's search box front and center, and mobilizing lead and checkout forms.
- Acquiring Industry Focused On Mobile, According To Analyst. // ISO & Agent;7/21/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p3
The article reports on the trend of developing and selling mobile card acceptance to micromerchants in the U.S.
- THE LEGAL MEANING OF "COMMERCE" IN THE COMMERCE CLAUSE. Natelson, Robert G. // St. John's Law Review;Summer2006, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p789
The article focuses on the legal meaning of commerce. In an inquiry conducted on various legal works in England, the term refers to exchange, traffic or intercourse when used in legal discourse. When used economically, commerce ascribes to Law Merchant and to mercantile activities of buying,...
- Wholesale Sales Up; Inventories Down. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p2
Reports on the decline of the inventories of merchant wholesalers in the U.S. Sales growth; Prediction for an increase in wholesale inventories; Stability of the inventories of durable goods.