People in the News
- People. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 50, p11
The article announces several personnel changes including the promotion of Phyllis Azar to executive director of marketing at Tor Books, Ethan Friedman, appointed agent at LevelFiveMedia, and John Freeman, named American editor of "Granta" magazine.
- Obituary: Daniel Lundy. // Publishers Weekly;6/5/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p14
The article presents an obituary for publishing industry executive Daniel Lundy.
- DEALS. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p10
The article offers news briefs regarding deals in the book industry. Alice Mayhew of Simon & Schuster has acquired North American rights to an untitled book by NBC News senior correspondent Richard Engel. Genoveva Llosa of Collins has acquired a book by psychiatrist and author Jeffrey Schwartz....
- AJHP welcomes editorial board members. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p14
The article announces the appointment of five editorial board members to the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (AJHP). These members include Jack Brown, Assistant Professor at the State University of New York Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; Kathleen E. Horner,...
- People. // Publishers Weekly;8/15/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 32, p8
Presents news briefs on people in the U.S. publishing industry as of August 15, 2005. Appointment of Ashley C. Andersen as president of Trudy; Selection of Judy Sommer as national education sales manager at Booksource; Appointment of David Linker as editorial director at InnovativeKids.
- MOVERS. // Horticulture Week;4/10/2009, p40
The article announces several promotions including Lucy Halsall as editor of the magazine "Grow Your Own," Ronnie Frame as amenity specialist at Sherriff Amenity and Stuart Sherwin as a Platinum Partner distributor at Rolawn.
- Supply House Times names Miazga editor. // Supply House Times;Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p8
The article announces the promotions of Mike Miazga as editor of the journal "Supply House Times" and Richard O'Reagan as president at Delta Faucet Co.
- Staff Changes At Food Logistics. // Food Logistics;1/15/2002, Issue 47, p12
Reports on the staff changes at the 'Food Logistics' magazine as of January 2002. Employee promoted to be the publisher of the magazine; Contributing editor who has been named managing director; Employee who joined the staff as sales manager for the Midwest and Western territories.
- The Transition to High-Tech Management. Hipwell, M. Cynthia // Industrial Physicist;Aug2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the promotions of executives from individual contributor to high-technology management in Minnesota. Importance of employee reaction to new management to their adjustment; Circumstances leading to the entrapment of the manager; Need to focus on highest impact management activities.