- Every business should review its buy-sell agreement carefully. Dye, Scott T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/18/99, Issue 322409, p31
Asserts that a buy-sell agreement is a necessary tool of the closely held business. Definition of terms; Four basic terms of buy-sell agreements; United States Treasury Regulations' definition of fair market value; Additional attributes to be considered; Things to consider when drafting an...
- What is a Fair Retirement Buyout Amount? Weinstein, Stephen // Practical Accountant;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p25
The article offers information on how to develop a satisfactory retirement buyout agreement in the U.S. It is noted that the key to success is by assuring that an agreement was being prepared for at least five years before any owner is to retire. The financial terms must also be explored, as...
- Venture lesson: All that glitters is not Golder. Fritz, Micheal // Crain's Chicago Business;12/15/97, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p3
Presents information on First Chicago Corporation private equity chief Stanley Golder and colleagues Carl Thoma and Bryan Cressey who left the company to launch their own leveraged buyout group. Reason for leaving the company; Promotion of Bruce Rauner to president and chief executive officer of...
- How much should the buyout be to a retiring partner? Rosenberg, Marc // Accounting Today;9/5/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p6
Comments on the declining valuation average benefits being paid to a retiring partner of a multi-partner firm in the U.S., as of September 2005. Reasons behind the willingness of firms to pay a premium of 125 percent for a small practice; Factors contributing to the gap between external sales...
- phantom bid. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p5665
A definition of the term phantom bid is presented. It refers to a reported but nonexistent attempt to buy a company.
- A business buyer's how-to--a review of Buyout, an insider's guide. Rickertsen, Rick // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/9/2001, Issue 322757, p7
Reports on the contents of the book 'Buyout' by Rick Rickertsen. Components of buyout deals.
- Tying the PARTNERSHIP KNOT. Valancy, Jack // Family Practice Management;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses the addition of a new associate to a private practice and its importance in giving potential benefits both to the practice and the prospective associate. It identifies some of the characteristics and qualifications needed in looking for a prospective partner. Another, is to...
- Prent buys out Malaysia partner. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;11/18/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p9
Reports that Janesville, Wisconsin-based company Prent Corp. has bought the remaining 40 percent share of its Prent-Broadway joint venture in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Development of an Asian headquarters by the company in Singapore; Other expansion plans of the company in Asia.
- The importance of buy/sell agreements. Rowland, Mary // Nation's Business;Mar95, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the importance of buy/sell agreements for partnerships. Nature of partnership buyout agreements; Cost of drafting the agreement; Aspects to be included in the agreement; Approaches that can be implemented for the agreement; Ways to structure a buy/sell agreement; Other types of...