Reader's Digest Points to Books Are Fun Segment for Lackluster Q3
- Reader's Digest Trade Books Unit Growing Amid Widening Losses. // Book Publishing Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest's trade books division. The division reported $12 million in revenue for the first fiscal quarter of 2005 which ended on September 30, 2004, up 10% from the same quarter last year. Total revenues...
- Reader's Digest Wraps Up Flat Year; Books Are Fun Challenged. // Book Publishing Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Association Inc. for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006 ended June 30, 2006. The company cited the success of its magazine launch such as the "Every Day with Rachael Ray", whose cookbooks are...
- Reader's Digest Trade Publishing Growth Offsets Declines In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the financial performance of Reader's Digest Inc. for year 2004 ended June 30. Revenues; Operating income; Licensing deals; Plans of the company to release several children's titles as part of a licensing agreement with NASCAR starting in 2005.
- Reader's Digest Ekes Out 3% Book Revenue Growth In Q3. // Book Publishing Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that Reader's Digest Association Inc. has reported revenues for its third quarter of the fiscal year 2005. Revenues declined by 2.8% to reach 545 million dollars, down from 561 million dollars for the same period a year ago. Trade book revenues rose by 3% to reach 7 million...
- Ryder Hails Fiscal '04 as Breakthrough Year at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p110
Reports on the performance of Reader's Digest for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004. Decline in revenue of the company; Comments from company chairman Tom Ryder about the company's performance; Sales increase in the company's publishing trade division.
- Reader's Digest earnings. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the adjusted earnings for fiscal 2001 of Reader's Digest Association Inc. Comparison with fiscal 2000 data.
- RD Chief Ryder Delivers On Profitability Promise, Forecasts Revenue Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
Reports that Reader's Digest has completed its second consecutive year of operating profit growth in fiscal 2000 and achieved its first yearly revenue increase since 1996.
- RD Recovery Continues. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the earnings of Reader's Digest for the third quarter ended March 31, 2000. Revenues that it generated; What contributed to favorable results; Rate of increase in company sales.
- RD Book Group Off To Strong Start. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the total revenues for the first quarter ended September 30, 2000 Reader's Digest (RD) posted. Factor cited by RD for sales increase in its books and home entertainment group; Line of books RD is creating; General book sales.