Reader's Digest Points to Books Are Fun Segment for Lackluster Q3
- Reader's Digest Trade Books Unit Growing Amid Widening Losses. // Book Publishing Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest's trade books division. The division reported $12 million in revenue for the first fiscal quarter of 2005 which ended on September 30, 2004, up 10% from the same quarter last year. Total revenues...
- Reader's Digest Wraps Up Flat Year; Books Are Fun Challenged. // Book Publishing Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Association Inc. for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006 ended June 30, 2006. The company cited the success of its magazine launch such as the "Every Day with Rachael Ray", whose cookbooks are...
- Reader's Digest earnings. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the adjusted earnings for fiscal 2001 of Reader's Digest Association Inc. Comparison with fiscal 2000 data.
- RD Chief Ryder Delivers On Profitability Promise, Forecasts Revenue Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
Reports that Reader's Digest has completed its second consecutive year of operating profit growth in fiscal 2000 and achieved its first yearly revenue increase since 1996.
- RD Recovery Continues. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the earnings of Reader's Digest for the third quarter ended March 31, 2000. Revenues that it generated; What contributed to favorable results; Rate of increase in company sales.
- RD Book Group Off To Strong Start. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the total revenues for the first quarter ended September 30, 2000 Reader's Digest (RD) posted. Factor cited by RD for sales increase in its books and home entertainment group; Line of books RD is creating; General book sales.
- U.S. Book Group Up at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the profits posted by Reader's Digest's North America Books and Home Entertainment group in the period ended September 30, 2002. Decline in sales; Reason for the division's operating loss.
- RD Book Group Has Another Weak Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the weak sales posted by Reader's Digest Inc.'s North American Books and Home Entertainment Group in 2001. Factors attributed to the trend; Optimism of recovery for 2002.
- Reader's Digest Trade Publishing Growth Offsets Declines In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the financial performance of Reader's Digest Inc. for year 2004 ended June 30. Revenues; Operating income; Licensing deals; Plans of the company to release several children's titles as part of a licensing agreement with NASCAR starting in 2005.