D.C. Poised to Allow PILOT Bonds For Anacostia Waterfront Projects
- Space and community--the spatial foundations of urban neighborhoods:an evaluation of three theories of urban form and social structure and their relevance to the issue of neighborhoods Rofe, Yodan // Berkeley Planning Journal;1995, Vol. 10, p107
No abstract available.
- Lessons for Today. Martin, Robert // Southern Living;Spring2004, Vol. 39, p92
Features the city of Charleston in South Carolina. Relationship of neighborhoods to businesses, schools, churches and parks; Indications of traditional neighborhood developments in the area; Traditional design in the community of I'On.
- Redevelopment program bogs down. Jarosz, Francesca // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that the city of Indianapolis, Indiana lagged in making payments to not-for-profit developers to rehab neighborhoods in the area. It mentions that the city has received 29 million dollars through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, which aims to redevelop localities but...
- West Fresno planning document includes desire for more commercial development. Sullivan, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/1/2008, Issue 323819, p4
The article reports that residents of west Fresno have approved about how they want their neighborhood shaped through the California Avenue Master Plan. The partnership of the Fresno Housing Authority and the Fresno West Coalition for economic development conducted workshops to gather...
- Towards alternative model(s) of local innovation. Moulaert, Frank; Martinelli, Flavia; Swyngedouw, Erik; Gonz�lez, Sara // Urban Studies (Routledge);Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p1969
This paper introduces a Special Topic on social innovation in the governance of urban communities. It also seeks to widen the debate on the meaning of social innovation both in social science theory and as a tool for empirical research on socioeconomic development and governance at the local...
- Councils reassured of role in neighbourhood renewal plans. Harding, David // Public Finance;7/1/2005, p8
Reports that the government's plan to improve neighborhood will not be carried out at the expense of councils, according to local government minister Phil Woolas in England. Assurance given by Woolas to the local authorities about their central part in enforcing change at community level; Fear...
- Fixing the Mess We Made. Talen, Emily // Planning;Nov2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p32
The article offers information on the revitalization and renewal initiatives of city planners to create walkable, mixed use and sustainable neighborhoods in the U.S. It states that using nature as the retrofitting agent is one of the approach in reurbanizing. It notes that sprawl repair requires...
- Consortium picks design code partner for Coventry housing. Willis, Ben // Planning (14672073);4/24/2009, Issue 1815, p8
The article reports on the plan of David Lock Associates (DLA) to frame up a design code for a major housing regeneration scheme in Coventry, England. Supervising the redevelopment of four neighbourhoods, the association wants to use design coding to assure that the scheme achieves national...
- Help Neighborhood Watch Achieve Goal of 15,000 Volunteer Programs. // PA Times;Nov2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p13
Promotes the Neighborhood Watch program which was established to help reduce local crime in the U.S., in which President George Bush promised to double its number to make communities safer and more secure.