Data, Identity Theft New-age Terror Threats
- Notebook theft is skyrocketing: Here's how to prevent it. King, Carla; Bielski, Vince // PCWorld;Jun98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p161
Offers advice for preventing your notebook computer from being stolen. Amount of money that each stolen notebook costs a company, according to a 1998 survey by the San Francisco, California-based Computer Security Institute; Where most notebooks are taken from; The best way to protect your...
- Powerful Ultra-books for Professionals. // Dataquest;11/30/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p52
The article offers a guide in buying ultra-books for professionals in India which include security features, solid state drives (SSD) and display size.
- Laptop theft soars; prevention includes lock-downs, RFID. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the actions taken by computer and security systems manufacturers to address the problem in laptop computer theft in the United States. Linking of laptop computer into a card access control system; Tracking system in case they are stolen; Locking down of laptops.
- Grand theft laptop. Sheremata, Davis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/06/98, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p24
Discusses the theft of laptop computers in Edmonton. Computers stolen from office buildings; Difficulty investigating these crimes; How to store computers; Security devices.
- Laptop security threats. Green, Carolyn // CMA Management;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the implementation of laptop security in Toronto. Factors for the implementation of laptop security; Tips for car travel security; Installation of alarm systems and motion detectors.
- ASK JAMES. Hunt, James // Micro Mart;10/21/2013, Issue 1283, p126
The article presents a question and answer about a laptop computer that fails to boot and the security measures that can be taken before sending it to the retailer for repair.
- Wireless system secures laptops, other portables. // Automatic I.D. News;Dec95, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p12
Reports on RF Technologies Inc.'s development of a wireless security system to protect laptop computers and other portable devices.
- Two new products protect your notebook from theft. // Link-Up;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p28
Presents products which protect notebook computers from theft. Features of the TrackIT system and Universal Notebook Security Cable; How the products work; Prices of the products.
- Laptap theft soars; prevention ranges from lock-downs to RFID. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p28
Reports on the business in security products and services aimed at locking down laptop computers and tracing them if they are stolen. Emergence of systems to link a laptop into a card access control system; Annual increase of laptop theft in the United States; Occurrence of theft within the...