Better ROI with 'Same' Wires
- Intelligent Fire Notification. Ouellette, Joe // Buildings;May2000, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the introduction of addressable fire detection devices in the fire alarm industry. Advantages of addressable technology; Modes of conducting compliance testing; Features of the devices.
- Experimental Study on the Influence of Different Transverse Fire Locations on the Critical Longitudinal Ventilation Velocity in Tunnel Fires. Zhong, Wei; Li, Zhaozhou; Wang, Tao; Liang, Tianshui; Liu, Zhen // Fire Technology;Sep2015, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p1217
A set of fire experiments were conducted in a small-scale tunnel of length 8 m, width 1 m and height 0.5 m, to investigate the influence of different transverse fire locations on the critical longitudinal ventilation velocity for suppressing the smoke backflow in tunnel fire. Six pool sizes were...
- Smarter heads make better detectors. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p61
Reports on the development of improved smoke detectors. Manufacture of detector heads that lead to fewer false alarms, reduced response times and better fire identification; Use of analog technology in conventional heads; Features of sensors made by Simplex True Alarm, by System Sensor, by...
- LPS 1014 REVISED. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the move of the Loss Prevention Certification Board to release version 5 of LPS 1014 or the requirements for certification of fire detection and alarm system firms in Great Britain.
- WINGS OF DESIRE. // InStyle;May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p90
The article previews the Chick-A-Dee smoke alarm.
- Chick-a-dee. // Stuff;Apr2012, Issue 157, p24
The article offers brief information on Chick-a-dee smoke detectors.
- Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p49
A quiz concerning fire alarm codes and standards is presented.
- 5 Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p53
A quiz concerning the regulations that are included under the National Fire Alarm Code in the U.S. is presented.
- NEST PROTECT. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun2014, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p40
The article offers brief information on the Nest Protect smoke detector.