9 Lessons to Get 'Right' Integrator
- A Comprehensive Method to Assess Work System Security Risk. Yadav, Surya B.; Tianxi Dong // Communications of the Association for Information Systems;2014, Vol. 34, p169
This article presents a comprehensive method to assess system security risks. The method includes a cohesive set of steps to not only identify a more complete set of security risks but also assess them in a systematic manner. The method is based on the integration of two kinds of models: (1)...
- Your Best Foot Forward. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p49
The article discusses the important role of information technology (IT) professionals who acts as systems integrators in the onset of the sales process and provide security solution. IT professionals create a favorable impression among the customers of IT staff by ensuring proper handling of...
- HITACHI GROUP DEPLOYS CA SITEMINDER WORLDWIDE. // GUI Program News;Aug2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p6
The article announces that Hitachi Group companies worldwide are adopting SiteMinder, an innovative Web access management system from CA Inc. The firm uses the CA SiteMinder as a primary part of the integrated logon system project for the entire Hitachi companies. The CA SiteMinder is expected...
- Convergence… in your own Backyard. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p10
The author reflects on the changes in the systems integration at the local, national, local and global level. According to the author, using one technology to handle increase responsibility is what convergence is all about. She said that the result of convergence is that security technology...
- Blurring the Lines Between Automation and Safety. Hogan, Hank // Control Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the integration of automation controls and safety systems. Incentives for integrating the two activities; Information on how to avoid failure of the integration; Risk assessment. INSET: Safety level, component choices affect costs.
- THIEVES STEAL WHEN THEY GET AN OPPORTUNITY. Comer, Mike // Accountancy;Jul1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1115, p70
Focuses on the responsibility of the top management for setting minimum security standards to avoid industrial espionage and security fraud. Importance of the environment framework created by top management for the ease of operating the mechanics of control; Aspects to be included in a business...
- The accountant's role in industrial security. // Accountancy;Aug1974, Vol. 85 Issue 972, p4
The article examines the role of accountants in industrial security in Great Britain. Industrial security is defined as the physical and financial guarding of assets, tangible and intangible in an organization's possession. Accountants are known to possess the skills and the experience to tackle...
- System Integrators by Location. // Vision Systems Design;Mar2011, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p54
A list of system integrators by location is presented including Adept Electronic Solutions, Alicona Imaging GmbH and OptoNova AB.
- Q&A. // Systems Contractor News;Dec2014, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to the system integration industry include the vertical markets or technologies that grew in 2014, the biggest business challenge encountered by systems integrators and how they overcame it.