Customer Data Gets Card Check
- Bringing Data Into Service: The Role of a Data Services Layer in Service Oriented Architectures. Samson, Eric // Database & Network Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p11
The article focuses on the function of Data Services Layer in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for Information Technology organizations. It points out that the long-term service-oriented success depends on the application of a SOA design patterns. It speculates that data access across...
- Script for Success. Miller, Susan R. // Health Management Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the use of electronic prescriptions in family medical practice, with emphasis on the case of Family Practice Associates of Lexington in Lexington, Kentucky. Use of the medical document management system IMPACT.MD from Advanced Imaging Concepts; Benefit of the e-prescription system...
- Perfect Disruption. Hewitt, Carl // IEEE Internet Computing;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p90
The article focuses on the function of perfect disruption onto the shifting of the paradigm from mental agents to organizations of restricted generality (ORGs) as the foundation for carrying out large-scale Internet utilization. It notes the integration of ORGs around organizational commitments,...
- Personal IT and the 24-by-7 life: Buzz cut or bouffant? Coffee, Peter // PC Week;12/20/99-12/27/99, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p43
Comments on the impact of information technology (IT) on the lifestyle of individuals. Spread of personal IT; Blurred boundaries between work and nonwork time.
- Issue Spotlight. // National Journal;7/08/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p2248
Deals with a survey concerning the security in keeping personal information in the United States. Percentage of respondents who say its becoming more difficult to keep personal information confidential; Political party perceived by the respondents that would do a better job protecting the...
- Continuing On. // NEA Today;Nov98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p43
Suggests ideas offered by the Online Public Education Network to protect personal information from being misused by scam artists. Safests passwords to use; Importance of knowing policies of service provider and exercising options; How to take advantage of software that protects privacy.
- Government urged to scrap student record database plans. // Education (14637073);2/15/2008, Issue 300, p1
The article discusses a plan by the English government to keep a national electronic database of information on 14 year-olds in the country. The proposed database would contain examination scores and personal data that would have been accessible to schools or employers that wanted to verify such...
- Hospital Employee Peeks at Records for 3.5 Years. Goedert, Joseph // Healthdatamanagement.com;12/2/2014, p4
The article reports on the unauthorized accessing of the records of 692 patients covering a three-and-one-half-year period by a former University Hospitals employee in northeast Ohio which contained information from Social Security numbers to credit and debit card information.
- Fair Trade Metaphor as a Control Privacy Method for Pervasive Environments: Concepts and Evaluation. Esquivel, Abraham; Haya, Pablo; Alamán, Xavier // Sensors (14248220);Jun2015, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14207
This paper presents a proof of concept from which the metaphor of "fair trade" is validated as an alternative to manage the private information of users. Our privacy solution deals with user's privacy as a tradable good for obtaining environmental services. Thus, users gain access to more...