Here Comes the techs
- Anachronistic distribution. Vizard, Michael // eWeek;5/28/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 19, Special section p7
The author reflects on the issue concerning the combination of the volume-based technology distribution offered by Ingram Micro Inc. and Tech Data Corp. and the value-based distribution by Arrow Electronics Inc. and Avnet Inc. to create a full-service network. He denotes that many businesses are...
- New Math: Security Means Business Performance. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2009, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p18
The article provides information on the latest trend for security metrics in the U.S. Robert Messemer, chief security officer (CSO) of Nielsen Co., elucidates the innovativeness of the latest security metrics in terms of analysis and risk identification. John McClurg, global security vice...
- Tech Data Brings Video Surveillance Solution for Mac OS to the Channel. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p125
The article reports on the move from Tech Data Corp. to announce that Apple Specialized Business Unit (SBU) expands its solutions offering which include video surveillance and physical security software solution for Mac OS X. The company also offered videoNEXT IP security management software...
- The 'NEW GUYS' in Security. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p97
The article presents several companies which were engaged with the distribution of physical security and their corresponding strategies in the U.S. market. Clearwater, Florida-based Tech Data was involved with security about five years ago but has been distributing information technology (IT)...
- New Web-based Communication Link. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
Introduces the AlarmNet Direct, a new web-based solution designed to provide a communication link with AlarmNet M developed by Morristown, New Jersey-based Honeywell Inc. Distinct features; Systems requirements; Accessibility.
- Honeywell Teams with Imprivata to Provide Physical/IT Integration. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p18
The article features the combined solution that resulted from the collaboration of technologies from Honeywell and Imprivata. The new solution contains Honeywell's Pro-Watch physical access control system and Imprivata's One-Sign Physical/Logical location-based authentication solution. Due to...
- Integrated security. // American School & University;Sep2004, Vol. 77 Issue 1, pSS 14
Offers information on the Enterprise Buildings Integrator security platform, which was installed by Honeywell at Indianapolis Public Schools. Features of the system; Estimated budget allotted for the improvement at the public schools.
- Getting It Together. Briney, Andrew L. // Information Security;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the demand for an integrated security defense system. Features expected from security products; List of vendors pushing for multifunction unified threat management boxes.
- It's the System, Stupid. Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p38
The article presents a perspective on the developments surrounding the security systems industry in the U.S. It has been noted by the author policy has been deployed in the international information technology system during the implementation of the changes in the industry. He added that the...