Vision, Passion: When Good Isn't Good Enough
- Wells plans 122 supermarket branches in 4 western states this year. Rhoads, Christopher // American Banker;6/16/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 114, p6
Reports on Wells Fargo & Co.'s announcement of its plans to open 122 supermarket branches in western states by the end of 1997. Preoccupation with integration of First Interstate Bancorp into its operations as the reason behind the delayed deployment of supermarket branches.
- Wells Still Dominates Retail. // National Mortgage News;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
Reports the domination of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage in the retail lender industry in Washington. Significance of the retail network for residential loans; Observation on the quarterly orignination figures; Dominance of the retail channel.
- Scoreboard figures change. // Pensions & Investments;3/21/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
Reports on developments in the index of assets of financial institutions in the United States as of March 21, 1994. Wells Fargo Nikko Investment Advisors as top-rank firm.
- Banking on success. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;4/14/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p20
Reveals that Wells Fargo & Co. is on path of aggressive expansion strategy and Tucson, Arizona is receiving enough attention by the company. Opening of banks in Tucson, Arizona area by the company; Reasons for continuous review of distribution details by management of the company; Factors...
- Lenders Play Big Role in Providing Borrower Counseling. Venetis, Kyriaki // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p13
Comments on the role of lenders in providing credit counselling to borrowers in the U.S. Contribution of financial institutions in the funding and participation of consumer credit counselling agencies; Education program on homeownership provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage; Homeownership...
- Wells Fargo's Stagecoaching: An 1860s Turf War. Chandler, Robert J. // Journal of the West;Spring2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the stagecoach lines managed by Wells Fargo & Co. in the American West in the 1860s. Details of the contract between Wells Fargo and other independent lines; Relationship between overland stagecoaching and expressing, the rapid and safe movement of valuables by the fastest means...
- saving for a Rainy day. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p24
Probes the decision made by financial institutions to quit offering mobile banking options to customers. Impetus for the decision of Wells Fargo Bank and Bank of Montreal to quit offering wireless capability to customers; Factor attributed to the failure of mobile banking; Reason behind...
- New trust manager takes helm at Wells Fargo. Kjos, Tiffany // Inside Tucson Business;07/03/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p7
Features Donald Romano, trust manager for Wells Fargo Private Client Services in Tucson, Arizona. Emphasis on private client services; Trend in financial institutions; Goal of housing a variety of services under one roof; Community efforts of Romano; Professional affiliations.
- Wells Fargo to award domestic violence grants. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p22
Presents news items related to financial institutions in Arizona as of April 23, 2001. Grant offered by Wells Fargo Community Partners; Ranking of Compass Bancshares Inc.; Marshall & Ilsley Corp.'s acquisition of Fifth Third Bank's Arizona locations.