Clean Technology Edges Closer to Forefront
- The Greening of Goldman. Dahle, Cheryl // Fast Company;Jun2006, Issue 106, p40
The article focuses on the move being made by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in June 2006 to link environmental sustainability to profit. The environmental policy of adopted by the company is unusually progressive and aggressive. It calls for governments worldwide to tighten restrictions on...
- The Street Turns Green. Roberts, Johnnie L. // Newsweek;3/12/2007, Vol. 149 Issue 11, p40
The article discusses U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs' ecofriendly business practices. In 2005 it established a business policy that barred the firm from bankrolling projects that "significantly convert or degrade a natural habitat." It has also pledged a 7% cut in indirect greenhouse-gas...
- Airline & Travel News - Travel Health & Environment Watch Â· May 28, 2012. // AirGuide Online.com;5/28/2012, p1
The offers news briefs related to the environment and clean energy industries from different countries. The U.S.-based Greg Spencer's Paradigm Project is expected to distribute 1.2 million low-emission stoves to poor Kenyans. The government of Indonesia is encouraging the private investments...
- INVESTMENTS IN ETHANOL AND BIOREFINERY PLANTS. // In Business;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that some Ohio based investors are building an ethanol plant near Akron, Ohio to convert sugary syrups and other waste liquids into renewable fuel. The plant will use such raw materials as flat beer and soda from beverage manufacturers, reports the Akron Beacon Journal....
- Coupon concentration forces investors to look at other investment alternatives. KS // Asset Securitization Report;4/8/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p13
Reports the problems of investors on making money through intercoupon trades of securities in the U.S. Forecast of Goldman Sachs & Co. on the performance of basic trades and specified pools; Evidence of the drop in intercoupon volatility; Factors causing the difficulty of intramortgage trading.
- Goldman to Analysts: Disclose Holdings. // American Banker;8/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 153, p20
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has told its stock analysts to disclose their ownership of shares in companies they cover. Implications; Comments by Goldman spokesman Ed Canaday.
- Morning in brief: US Tarp could see $60bn loss. fundweb staff // Fundweb;4/27/2012, p24
The article offers news briefs related to financial sector as on April 2012. The U.S. Troubled Assets Relief Programme (Tarp) has indicated in its report that the fund may make a loss of up to 60 billion dollars. U.S. Prosecutors and securities regulators are investigating Goldman Sachs Group...
- Investor, community stalwart Al Feld, 98. // New Jersey Jewish News;12/5/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 49, p12
An obituary for Alfred Feld, an employee at investment banking firm Goldman Sachs Group Inc., is presented.
- Goldman Buttresses Fund With $3 Billion "Infusion". // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/20/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the capital infusion of Goldman Sachs to Global Equity Opportunities (GEO) in the U.S. The company, together with other investors infused $3 billion to GEO. According to David Viniar, Goldman chief financial officer, the infusion is not a rescue but it puts the money in...