New Hospital Plans Get Lift
- Groups welcome human rights ruling. // Community Care;3/18/2004, Issue 1514, p6
Reports on the decision of the European Court of Human Rights on a case involving the treatment of disabled David Glass at Portsmouth Hospital Trust in England. Implication for disabled groups; Argument of the court on the case; Impact of the court's decision.
- NRI docs' healing touch for Bengal's poor. // Asian Pacific Post;9/27/2007, p18
The article reports that a hospital, which will called Sanjiban, is being set up in Bengal, India, with the aim of providing quality healthcare at a low cost to the poor. The hospital will be located on the rural outskirts of Howrah and will offer specialized services in fields like pediatrics,...
- Healthy and Robust. Horwitz-Bennett, Barbara // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jun2004, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p26
Reports that the annual checkup reveals a booming health-care market, with slow evolution toward a sustainable design and new approaches to design for ever-advancing medical equipment. Number of reasons behind the boom; Interest of hospitals in sustainable design; Dealings of designers to the...
- Hospital projects gain momentum. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p21
Reports on the developments in the healthcare industry in Nevada, as of October 2002. Different hospital construction projects; Use of a sensor device for patient assessment; Demonstration of a bedside pharmacy bar coding system.
- Heart Smart. Nayar, Jean // Contract;Sep2004, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p70
This article presents information about the RTKL balances technological sophistication with patient-friendly warmth in a state-of-the-art facility for the Indiana Heart Hospital. The Indiana Heart Hospital, is a new $ 60 million, 261,000 square hospital designed by the Dallas office of RTKL and...
- Healthy Growth. Kaelble, Steve // Indiana Business Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the increase of hospital building construction in Indiana. Factors behind such increase; Correlation between hospital construction and non-profit health-care systems; Specializations of the hospitals.
- SV doctors thrilled new hospital will open soon. Cole, Dana // Inside Tucson Business;10/18/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that the construction of a new hospital in Sierra Vista, Arizona will attract more doctors and medical specialists that will enhance the medical services in the area.
- Hospitals, churches partner for good health. Rigdon, Nancy Hull // United Methodist Reporter;8/17/2012, Vol. 159 Issue 16, p1A
The article discusses the positive results brought about by the collaboration of health care and churches known as the Congregational Health Network or the Memphis model which was formed to confront the challenge of improving health statistics in Memphis, Tennessee. It speaks of success stories...
- On the Shelf. // BusinessWest;Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the postponement of the multi-faceted expansion project for Noble Hospital in Massachusetts in 2003 resulting from falling reimbursements. Decline in Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements; Fiscal pressures from the elimination of MassHealth Basic; Expenses involved in the actual...