Port Agency's Big Borrowing
- Buoyed By S&P Upgrade, Seattle Port Heads to Market With $64M Refunding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p39
Reports on the plan of the Port of Seattle to sell general obligation refunding bonds in the market due to the high ratings assigned to the bond by Standard & Poor's Corp. Expectation of the port to get aggressive pricing for the bond; Rating assigned by other agencies on the bond; Growth in the...
- Insured Sale Set for Port Of Oakland. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p1
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds for the Port of Oakland to retail investors and institutional investors in negotiated deal in California. Value of the revenue bonds; Approval of the deal by the port's board of commissioners; Uses of funds from the sale.
- Alabama Port Settles Zero-Coupon Audit. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p1
Reports that Marengo County, Alabama Port Authority has paid an undisclosed amount of money to reach a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that keeps its allegedly abusive zero-coupon bond deal tax-exempt. Reasons for the settlement; Refusal of the Bermuda Insurance Trust to turn any...
- Summit County Port Authority Is Planning a Major Flood of Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/16/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33665, p8
The article offers information on the Summit County Port Authority's plan to significantly ramp up its bond financing.
- Deadline extended for Marengo, Ala., tender offer. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p3
Reports on the extension of a tender offer to purchase bonds issued in 1989 by the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority to April 9, 1999. Caribou Capital's establishment of the Marengo Resolution Trust Acquisition Co.; Legal battle between the authority and International Guaranty Fund Ltd.
- Alabama Authority wants access to trust to pay IRS. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Focuses on the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority's desire to gain access to a bond insurance trust fund that could help the authority settle claims by the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1989 bond issue is taxable.
- Port of San Francisco Granted New Bonding Authority. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p36
Reports on the grant of new bonding powers to the Port of San Francisco under legislation that has been approved by the California Legislature. Aim of the new law to allow the port to use redevelopment-style financing without going through a development agency; Significance of the law to the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2004. Factors affecting the rating of local credits in California; Increase in the underlying general obligation rating of the Municipal Utility District in Brazoria County, Texas; Designated rating for New York's Webster Central...
- Philadelphia Readies for $350 Million Water, Wastewater Refunding. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the effort of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in getting ready for a $394.5 million water and wastewater revenue refunding bond sale scheduled in March 2007. The city's acting director Vince Jannetti stated that the total refunding will be based on the market conditions and...