Paulson's Muni Impact Could Be Minimal
- Paulson Urges Clarifications Between Muni, Structured Credit Product Ratings. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32836, p6
The article reports on the message of Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on municipal and corporate bond ratings at the National Press Club in the U.S. on March 13, 2008. Paulson and other regulators urged rating agencies to explain the differences of ratings between the two products, in order to...
- Public Power Seeking Fuel From Fed. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;1/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33033, p1
The article reports on the plan of the public power industry to seek federal assistance to help issuers access the market and allow them to use more tax-credit bonds in the U.S. The American Public Power Association asks Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to ensure the availability of financial...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of FOMC Minutes Release. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market seemed unchanged in the last week of May, 2006 just before the release of the minutes of the May 10 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee in the United States. The investors were cautious after the holiday weekend to buy securities but...
- Munis Rally After Weaker-Than-Expected Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p3
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market for the week ended August 4, 2006. According to the article, the market has strengthened following weaker-than-expected non-farm payrolls data . The market's performance gave investors reason to expect that the Federal Open...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.