Paulson's Muni Impact Could Be Minimal
- Paulson Urges Clarifications Between Muni, Structured Credit Product Ratings. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32836, p6
The article reports on the message of Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on municipal and corporate bond ratings at the National Press Club in the U.S. on March 13, 2008. Paulson and other regulators urged rating agencies to explain the differences of ratings between the two products, in order to...
- Public Power Seeking Fuel From Fed. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;1/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33033, p1
The article reports on the plan of the public power industry to seek federal assistance to help issuers access the market and allow them to use more tax-credit bonds in the U.S. The American Public Power Association asks Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to ensure the availability of financial...
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Indexes Fall For Second Consecutive Week, Indicating Market's View of Economy. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p6
Reports on the decline of most of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes for the period July 1, 2004 to September 23, 2004. Evidence of the bond market's dimmer view of the economy when compared with that of the Federal Reserve; 20-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Municipal Bond...
- March Sees Large Spike In Issuance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p1
Reports that issuance in the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has picked up in March 2004. Comparison with issuance levels in earlier periods; Projected increase in borrowing by states, local governments and municipalities over the next few months.
- Yield Indexes Mixed Despite Overall Declines in Treasury Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p36
Reports on the Bond Buyer's municipal bond indexes in the U.S. for the period February 26 to May 20, 2004. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; Municipal Bond Index yield to maturity.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p26
Presents the results of competitive municipal bond sales in the United States as of August 5, 2005. Connecticut Regional School District's General Obligation Bond Anticipation Notes; Cedar Rapids, Ohio's General Obligation Bonds, Series 2005A; Johnson County Unified School District's General...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of FOMC Minutes Release. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market seemed unchanged in the last week of May, 2006 just before the release of the minutes of the May 10 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee in the United States. The investors were cautious after the holiday weekend to buy securities but...