- WIND BLADE MANUFACTURER PLANS FACILITY IN ARKANSAS. // Composites Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that LM Glasfiber will build a new wind turbine blade manufacturing facility in Arkansas. The facility is expected to employ around 1,000 people within five years. The company is experiencing a growing number of turbine blade orders in the North American region. With the new...
- LM32: A Novel Pilothouse Sloop from Denmark. // Practical Sailor;Nov2013, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p7
The article offers brief information on the pilothouse sloop sailboat LM32 built from LM Glasfiber A/S. INSET: LM's Quality Has Won Over Many European Fans.
- PVC foam overcomes steel fatigue cracking. // Offshore;Jul99, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p124
Reports on the use of the polyvinyl chloride Divinycell foams made by LM Glasfiber of Denmark as wave slamming preventers for the lower decks of offshore rigs. Characteristics of the Divinycell foams; Other applications of the foams.
- LM GLASFIBER CELEBRATES GRAND OPENING OF LITTLE ROCK FACILITY. // Composites Technology;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
This article reports on the inauguration of the new North American headquarters of LM Glasfiber AS, manufacturer of glass/epoxy composites wind turbine rotor blades, in Little Rock, Arkansas, as of December 2008. As reported, the new facility can handle the largest blades made by LM. The company...
- LM GLASFIBER ESTABLISHES RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE. // Composites Technology;Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the partnership of LM Glasfiber with RisÃ¸ DTU, the National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy in Denmark, wherein they will set up a research and development office, a Centre of Excellence that will employ a team of researchers by mid-2009. The center hopes not only to...
- How much are more jobs worth to a community? Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;10/25/99, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p8
Reflects on the worth of more jobs on a community, with Michigan examples. State legislature's changing of the law so General Motors can move jobs to Warren from Troy; Question of incentives and economic development; Price that communities are willing to pay to get new jobs.
- European Companies Enter U.S. Wind Market. // Power Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p17
Reports on European companies that have made capital investments in the United States (US) wind energy market. Information on NEG Micon USA Inc. and LM Glasfiber Inc.; Comments from Randall Swisher, American Wind Energy Association president.
- European investment blows into U.S. wind market. // Electric Light & Power;Feb99, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p24
Reports that two European companies, NEG Micron USA Inc. and LM Glasfiber Inc. recently made major capital investments in the wind energy market of the United States. Decision of NEG Micron to open a wind turbine assembly plant in Champaign, Illinois; Opening of a wind turbine blade...
- Luther boss joins Glasfiber. // PRWeek (London);4/9/2010, p9
The article announces the appointment of Chris Springham, former director of Luther Pendragon, as vice-president for global communications at LM Glasfiber in Amsterdam, Netherlands.