Love for Sale
- Banks scramble to become Europe's CMBS pioneer. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p9
Reports on the efforts by five companies to become Europe's pioneer in commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS). Doubts cast on the potential of CMBS conduits to revolutionize European finance; Lack of standards in commercial loan origination; Change in attitude among debt providers toward...
- ASSET -- BACKEDS. // Asset Securitization Report;3/17/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p25
Presents statistics on Standard and Poor's asset backed commercial surveillance in the U.S. Purchase of consumer and commercial loans by Jupiter Securitization Corp.; Portfolio distribution by collateral type; Top sellers according to financing limit.
- Loan Quality's Up But Doubts Persist. Sibayan, Karen // Asset Securitization Report;Dec2010, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Kevin Duignan on loan quality, one by John Hintze on different regulatory obstacles facing asset-backed security (ABS) participants and one by Felisa Ossa on securitization.
- California Wins Another Court Battle In Tribal Casino Case; Appeal Likely. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32720, p3
The article reports on the success of California in another legal round in court regarding its move to release bonds for the securitization of the revenues for gambling operations. The securitization deal should allow the state government and casino-operating Native American tribes to develop...
- JPMorgan makes noticeable push into global foreign RMBS sector. // Asset Securitization Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p3
Reports the growing foreign RMBS securitization sector of the asset-backed securities (ABS) market in 2001 according to JPMorgan Securities. Transaction between Westpac Bank and JPMorgan in early March; Competition in the market; Illustration on the overall underwriter of ABS for the first five...
- LatAm Q3: Brazil all the rage. // Asset Securitization Report;10/20/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the performance of asset-backed securitization in the third quarter of 2003. Improvement of the performance of nine Brazil-based issuers in the cross-border market; Total amount placed in asset-backed securitization; Increase in the number of foreign investors to Brazil; Growth of...
- FDI surpasses securitization as a capital flow source in LatAm. C.G. // Asset Securitization Report;3/26/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p16
Reports the trends in foreign direct investment (FDI). Performance of FDI in Latin America; Percentage accumulation of total flows of FDI in Brazil; Economic and institutional factors contributing the attraction of foreign investors.
- CMBS market is transformed by info and indexes. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/28/99, Vol. 65 Issue 26, p4
Reports on changes in the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market. Lehman Brothers Inc.'s inclusion of CMBS in its aggregate bond index; Rationale of putting up the index; Difference between CMBS and other asset-backed securities.
- First franchise loans securitized this year, in a home-equity deal. Gregory, Michael; Graubard, David // Asset Securitization Report;05/14/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p2
Reports the home-equity deal of Bay View Financial Trading Group. Contribution of the securitization market in the deal; Inclusion of silver franchise loans; Participation of Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers.