PVC group in waste call
- Keep your noses out. // Public Private Finance;Dec2006/Jan2007, Issue 109, p12
The article focuses on the disadvantages of political interference in the waste sector in Great Britain. Since the government has little time left to avert heavy European Union fines for sending too much rubbish to smelly landfill sites, council tries to utilize the private finance initiative to...
- Brazilian companies start PVC institute. // Plastics News;10/6/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 32, p7
Reports on October 6, 1997 that a number of companies in Brazil have formed a PVC institute, named Instituto do PVC. Purpose of the institute; Domestic production of PVC.
- UNITED WE STAND. // Glass Age;Jul2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p38
Discusses the advantages a PVC UE association to developers, installers and consumers. Role of the PVC UE association in managing and regulating the market; Impact of price on the market.
- Asia-Pacific Report. Carroll, Susan // Chemical Market Reporter;09/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 12, p11
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry in the Asia-Pacific region in September 1999. Estimated supply and demand of polyvinyl chloride in Japan; Information on the construction of a food vitamin premix plant of BASF near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Agreement signed by Solucorp Industries...
- Progress comes in waves…. Feldman, Larry // Real Estate Connection;2008 2nd Quarter, p14
The author highlights the perspective of the Licensed Site Professionals Association (LSPA) on several legislation regarding the redevelopment of contaminated properties. He notes the Massachusetts Oil and Hazardous Materials Release Prevention and Response Act and the Massachusetts Contingency...
- Superfund Man. Dubose, Lou // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on Bob Spiegel, co-founder of the Edison Wetlands Association, and his devotion to clean a contaminated abandoned factory in New Jersey. Reason he left the job of being a pastry chef and co-establish the association; Efforts of Spiegel to convince the U.S. government to provide...
- QUANTIFICATION OF LEACHATE GENERATION RATE FROM A SEMI-AEROBIC LANDFILL IN MALAYSIA. Aziz, Hamidi Abdul; Adlan, Mohammad Nordin; Amilin, Khairul; Yusoff, Mohd. Suffian; Ramly, Noor Hisham; Umar, Muhammad // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);Sep2012, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1581
One of the most important problems associated with the design, operation and long-term care of landfills is managing the landfill leachate. Leachate generation rates are primarily dependent on the amount of liquid the waste originally contains, and the quantity of precipitation that enters the...
- Solid wealth. SOMVANSHI, AVIKAL // Down to Earth;8/16/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p36
The article discusses the concern regarding the increasing number of construction and demolition debris in India. The author talks about the overflowing of landfills and the scarce of building materials in the country. Also tackled is the need for the nation to a policy to recycle the waste and...
- Big eastern European cleanup costs. // Chemical Week;9/17/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the cleanup cost which eastern and central European countries will have to spend to become members of the European Union. Implication of the cleanup cost.