LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION
- Divesting for success with pre-sale due diligence. Kelly, Shaun T. // NACD Directorship;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Discusses keys to successful corporate divestiture. Importance of conducting appropriate pre-sale due diligence; Preparation for the sale; Need to identify potential buyers.
- Managements' Views on Voluntary Sell-Offs. Baker, H. Kent; Benjamin, John D.; Kuehl, Kristin; Verdon, Amy A. // Journal of Economics & Finance;1996 Supplement, Vol. 20, p3
Examines the reasons for voluntary sell-offs undertaken by U.S. companies in the early 1990s. Removal of non-strategic assets; Raise of funds primarily for debt reduction; Focus on the firm's core business; Importance placed by financially weak firms on raising funds and improving their cash flow.
- Hachette Shuts IPG, Seeks Buyer for Katz. DeFoore, Jay; Walker, David // Photo District News;Aug2005, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the decision of Hatchette Filipacchi Photos (HFP) to close Independent Photographers Group and sell Katz and K2 portraiture agency as of August 2005.
- Gearing up to sell the business. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;8/29/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 35, p13
The article provides an answer to a question of how to prepare in selling a company.
- Sale of the century. Holliday, Adrian // Director;Oct2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p63
Offers tips for corporations that are considering selling. Importance of planning; Condition that is appropriate to sell; Role of confidentiality.
- Zi sells Hong Kong VoIP, Bluetooth unit. // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p16
Reports on the decision of Zi Corp., a designer of user interfaces for wireless devices, to sell its voice over Internet Protocol and Bluetooth business in Hong Kong, China. Reason for the decision of the company; Investment of the company in the business.
- LiveDeal Seeks Buyer. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Nasdaq-listed online directories company LiveDeal Inc. is looking at alternatives that involves selling the company or assets after a management shakeup.
- Two Beloit units sold; more to be sold. // Pulp & Paper;Mar2000, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p15
Deals with the approval of the sale of two units of Beloit Corp. with the expected approval of the sale of another two units at a hearing in February 2000 in bankruptcy court. Parent company of Beloit; Details on the units sold; Prospective buyers of the other divisions.
- Revlon sets sale of professional products division. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/22/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 35, p2
Reports that Revlon Inc. has agreed to sell its professional products division to a group of investors. Financial performance of the company.