- Vanillin squeezed by cost pressures. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;6/12/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p39
The article reports on the increase in the operations of vanillin and ethyl vanillin of Rhodia Organics. The company has worked proactively to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing and operating costs. The company is also proceeding with the recent price increase to keep pace with the...
- World Briefs. // Pharmaceutical Technology;Jan2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p22
The article offers world news briefs related to the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. has signed a 10-year contract with Sygnis Pharma company for the supply of the biological molecule AX200. Arab Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company was acquired by Hikma Pharmaceuticals...
- Perstorp completes yet another acquisition. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Sep2008, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p52
The article reports on the acquisition of Rhodia Organics and Lyondell Chimie by Pestorp. The acquisition is said to increase the sales and operating profit of Pestorp by more than 30%. It notes that the new business will strengthen the product portfolio of Pestorp, especially for the coatings...
- services to the industry. // Chemical Week;10/18/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 39, p66
Presents news briefs on the services being offered by the United States chemical industry as of October 18, 2000. Product catalogs being distributed by the Omnexus; Acquisition of RW Management by Arthur D. Little Group; Collaboration of FreeMarkets and Deloitte Consulting.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p9
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of December 10, 2003. Reason for the plan of RPM International to sell its senior notes; Completion of the acquisition of the bromine fine chemicals business of Atofina by Albermarle; Acquisition of the online content operations of plastics...
- Plastics, chemical trading hubs link up. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;12/10/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p22
Reports the partnership between Omnexus Americas Inc. and Elemica Inc. in the United States. Terms of the agreement; Expertise of Omnexus on electronic procurement technologies; Services offered by Elemica.
- To build or not to build? Tandy, Hilfra // Asian Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 399, p11
Discusses issues in Europe's chemicals industry as of April 2003. Increase in supply and demand for chemical products; Information on China's annual consumption of ethylene; Figures on ethylene production;Consolidation in the industry.
- Sorry the answer is "NO". Bjacek, Paul // ICIS Chemical Business;2/2/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on the prospects of the chemical industry during the recession. The chemical industry is going through a cyclical demand downturn while at the same time facing a credit crisis. It will be difficult to find public chemical companies to buy assets while credit is tight....
- Paris-based SpecialChem buys online operations of Omnexus. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;12/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p4
Closing in on its final days, e-marketplace Omnexus Corp. has sold its online service offerings to SpecialChem SA, a Paris-based Web information provider for chemicals and plastics markets. The firm discontinued its transaction platform on November 28 and plans to lay off its remaining seven or...