Coal gasification on rise
- Production of methanol and organic carbonates for chemical sequestration of CO from an NGCC power plant. Mendes, Luiza; Medeiros, José; Alves, Rita; Araújo, Ofélia // Clean Technologies & Environmental Policy;Aug2014, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1095
Global economic development anticipates a growth in demand of the energy sector whose supply in the coming decades will remain achieved by burning fossil fuels. The need to stabilize the CO atmospheric concentration requires technologies for capturing and reutilization of this greenhouse gas....
- Etherification of Diarylmethanols and 1-Phenylalkan-1-ols Over Platinum on Carbon. Thiemann, Thies // Letters in Organic Chemistry;Oct2009, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p515
In the presence of platinum on carbon (Pt/C), diarylmethanols and donor substituted 1-phenylalkan-1-ols undergo cross-etherification with primary and secondary alcohols.
- Observation and analysis of high-J o[sub 1]-e[sub 1] inter-state transitions in CH[sub 2]DOH. Mukhopadhyay, Indranath; Perry, David S.; Duan, Yun-Bo; Pearson, John C.; Albert, S.; Butler, Rebecca A. H.; Herbst, Eric; DeLucia, Frank C. // Journal of Chemical Physics;3/1/2002, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p3710
We report the observation and assignments of several series of transitions in CH[sub 2]DOH, including a new and intense series of Q-branch c-type transitions between the e[sub 1] and o[sub 1] torsional substates through high values of the rotational quantum number J. Other transitions assigned...
- MARKETS. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;3/28/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 13, p23
Reports on the roll over of methanol contracts in the United States for the second-quarter of year 2000. Supply of methanol.
- European Prices Get a Boost. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;5/26/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 20, p43
Focuses on the price increase of methanol compound in Europe since the second-quarter of 1998. Factors that caused the price increase; Effect of plant shutdown methanol distribution in the United States; Expected volume of methanol for the first quarter of 2000.
- European Methanol Turns Upward. // Chemical Week;2/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p47
Focuses on the increase in methanol prices in Europe and Asia/Pacific as of February 27, 2002. Reasons cited for the price rebound; Price increase in the past two weeks.
- Methanol production may boost efficiency. Williams, Drew // Pollution Engineering;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p10
Announces the development of a methanol-generating coal gasification process by Air Products and Chemicals Inc. in partnership with Eastman Chemical Co. and the US Department of Energy. Comparison between the conventional process and the coal-gasification process; Benefits of the technology.
- Electro-Catalytic Activities of Binary Nano-Composites of Pt and Nano- Carbon/Multiwall Carbon Nanotube for Methanol Electro-Oxidation. Singh, R. N.; Awasthi, R.; Tiwari, S. K. // Open Catalysis Journal;2010, Vol. 3, p50
Binary nano-composites of Pt and nano-carbon (NC) and Pt and multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) have been prepared with varied compositions ranging between 20 and 80wt% Pt and investigated them as electrocatalysts for methanol oxidation. The study shows that with the increase in wt% of NC, the...
- Electrooxidation of alcohols at a nickel oxide/multi-walled carbon nanotube-modified glassy carbon electrode. Shamsipur, Mojtaba; Najafi, Mostafa; Milani Hosseini, Mohammad-Reza // Journal of Applied Electrochemistry;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1027
Electrocatalytic oxidation of methanol and some other primary alcohols on a glassy carbon electrode modified with multi-walled carbon nanotubes and nano-sized nickel oxide (GCE/MWNT/NiO) was investigated by cyclic voltammetry and chronoamperometry in alkaline medium. The results were compared...