- Solutia Acquires Akzo Unit. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 16, p11
Looks at chemical firm Solutia's acquisition agreement with Akzo Nobel's CPFilms performance films business. Products offered by CPFilms; Remarks from Robert Potter of Solutia on the deal; Views of Victoria Holt of Solutia on Saflex, the company's polyvinyl butyral plastic interlayer business.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2067, p29
Presents news briefs on technologies used in the chemical industry as of September 2003. Features of an acrylic latex developed by UCAR Emulsion systems; Information on a research and development center to be established by Akzo Nobel for its car refinishes business; Rating received by...
- Akzo Plans Further Chemical Divestments. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 37, p21
Reports on the plan of Azko Nobel to divest some of its chemical businesses. Plan regarding a review of the company's chemicals portfolio; Chemicals divestment programs of the company including the sale of its coating resins business to Nuplex Industries; Business units remaining with the company.
- Akzo Nobel signs peroxides venture in China. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/21/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 24, p16
Reports that Akzo Nobel BV has signed a contract to set up a joint venture with Tianjin No. 2 Organic Chemical Plant at Tianjin, China, to manufacture organic peroxides. Tianjin Akzo Nobel Peroxides as company name; Company operations; Feedback from Frank Sherman, general manager of Akzo's...
- Akzo Nobel boosts Malaysian oleochemicals. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/21/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 24, Chemical Week Asia p1
Reports on a planned Malaysian expansion of Akzo Nobel. Joint venture with Pacific Edible Oil; Names of ventures; Capacity; Benefits.
- Akzo Cuts Jobs in Surface Chemistry Business Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/9/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the reduction of jobs or ten percent of the workforce in the surface chemistry business unit of Akzo Nobel NV. Confinement of the cuts to North America and Europe; Decrease in operating income of the surface chemistry business in 2002.
- Akzo's Prescription. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/9/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 22, p26
Features Akzo Nobel, a chemical company based in Arnhem, the Netherlands. Goals achieved by Akzo through its acquisition of Courtaulds; Status of Akzo's pharmaceutical business; Pharmaceutical sales of the company in 1998; Pharmaceutical units of the company; Coating sales of Akzo; Successful...
- Akzo Incurs Charges for Antitrust Investigation. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/05/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the penalties incurred by Akzo Nobel chemical company for the antitrust investigations of its chemical businesses in Europe. Increase in the sales of the coatings business of Akzo Nobel in 2000; Increase in the operating income of Akzo Nobel.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;6/23/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 21, p36
Presents news briefs on the specialties sector of the chemical industry as of June 23, 2004. Macroporous polymer extraction purification unit supplied by Akzo Nobel to oil and natural gas producer Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij; Plan of Pilot Chemical to raise sodium linear alkyl benzene...