PTT/Asahi jv plan moves forward
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 2, p26
The article offers news briefs related to chemical plants and projects, including Asahi Kasei Corp. to build solution-polymerised styrene butadiene rubber plant, Samsung Total Petrochemicals Co. Ltd. to build new aromatics facility, and joint venture Baotailong and Heilongjiang LongMay Mining Group
- Asahi Kasei/Teijin Form PTT Joint Venture. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/15/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the joint venture formed by Asahi Kasei Corp. and Teijin Ltd. Name of the business; Capital for the business; Product of the joint venture.
- PC venture shelved. // Asian Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 400, p26
Reports on the postponement of the planned expansion of the joint venture polycarbonate plant in Tainan, Taiwan by Chi Mei and Asahi Kasei. Reason behind the postponement.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p19
Presents an update on the chemical industry as of December 4, 2002. Retention of polyolefin tariffs in the Philippines; Plan to sell the Bataan Polyethylene business venture; Acquisition deal between Asahi Kasei with Kureha Chemical.
- Asahi and Mitsubishi to Form Cracker JV at Mizushima. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;6/14/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 14, p15
This article reports on the memorandum of understanding signed between Asahi Kasei and Mitsubishi Chemical to establish a joint venture company for the integration and unification of their naphtha crackers in Mizushima, Japan.
- Asahi Kasei and Mitsubishi Chemical move ahead with plans to combine crackers at Mizushima. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;6/1/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the agreement between chemical companies Asahi Kasei Corp. and Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. to form a joint venture to combine their naphtha cracking operations in Mizushima, Japan by April 2016.
- Mitsubishi Mulls Cracker JV; Quits Petchem Businesses. Ramesh, Deepth; Bewley, Lindsey // Chemical Week;6/8/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 16, p18
The article reports on the restructuring plans of Mitsubishi Chemical covering its petrochemical business. The company is considering a merger of its naphtha cracker operations at Mizushima, Japan with that of Asahi Kasei's. In addition, the company is pondering whether it will cease its...
- Japanese Firms Report Further Substantial Earnings Hikes. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/24/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 39, p16
Focuses on the development in the sales of several Japanese petrochemical companies as of November 2004. Increase in the profit of Mitsubishi Chemical; Growth in the income of Asahi Kasei; Earnings posted by Sumitomo Chemical.
- Meti mulls safety standards. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;7/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 453, p7
Reports on the plan of Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to review its system of plant inspections under its High Pressure Gas Safety Law and to set standards for self-inspection. Award to be given to petrochemicals plants and refineries in Japan that will meet the government...