Asian mood downbeat at Apic
- Polymers reviewed at ICIS forum. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p42
The article reports on the 3rd ICIS Asian Polymers conference held in Shanghai, China in April 2007, wherein the implications of the rising crude values and expanded domestic capacity to China's polymer imports were discussed. Zhang Bingzheng, deputy director of the Statistical Department of...
- FROM OUR OWN CORRESPONDENT. Salisbury, Peter // ICIS Chemical Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 13, p7
Information about the topics discussed at the 42nd European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) meeting in Monte Carlo, Monaco is presented. Topics include the issues facing the chemical industry including the prices of crude oil. It mentions the benzene spot market that is increasingly illiquid...
- A BAD CASE OF BANGKOK BLUES OVER OIL. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p13
The article reports on the concerns of attendees of the 2006 Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference (Apic) in Bangkok, Thailand on the effects of high petroleum prices on the petrochemical industry in Asia. Attendees are concern on the pressure on margins, general slowdown in growth and the...
- Asian petchems must add value, says Hiruta. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2149, p9
Reports on a speech given by Shiro Hiruta, chairman of the Japan Petrochemical Industry Association, at the 26th Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference in Yokohama, Japan from May 19 to 20, 2005. Increase in the prices of petroleum chemical products; Background on corporate restructuring in the...
- Cheap oil brings no cheer for petchems. // Chemical Week;12/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the reaction of European petrochemical produces on the slump in crude oil prices. Decrease of benchmark Brent crude; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries' failure to agree on output cuts; Drop in naphtha feedstock prices.
- Paraxylene makers seek hike while market is still tight. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;09/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plans to increase contract prices for the petrochemical paraxylene in the United States, for the fourth quarter of 1997. Effects of pressures from Asia on the proposed price increase; Contract nominations issued by key paraxylene manufacturers; Paraxylene prices in the third...
- Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p18
Presents updates on petrochemical prices in the United States, as of November 1998. Includes spot prices for benzene, toluene and xylenes; Contract prices of ethylene; Decline in methanol prices.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs related to petrochemical prices in the United States, as of June 8, 1998. Includes Shell Chemical Co. and Union Carbide Corp.'s increase of acetic esters prices; Increase in the off-schedule price for acetone; Pricing of oxo chemicals.
- Calm after the storm. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p7
Reports on the performance of the Middle East petrochemicals industry in 1999. Decline of oil prices; Collapse of major markets in the Far East; Optimism on the prospects of the industry.