- Emerald has chance to shine. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;5/15/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 19, p36
The article reports on the expected growth of Emerald Performance Materials, which was formed from Lubrizol's food ingredients and industrial specialties businesses that were acquired by Florida-based Sun Capital Partners. Emerald's chief executive Tom Holleran said that independence from...
- Sun Capital in Labor Faceoff. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/13/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p14
This article reports on the plan of Sun Capital Partners Inc. to sell chemical manufacturer Emerald Performance Materials in 2011. Sun Capital announced the plan in the midst of a wage cut debate with union employees at its plant in Illinois. Emerald was formed following the acquisition of...
- Sun shines on Emerald. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/8/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the launched of the Emerald Performance Materials by Sun Capital Partners, a private equity firm. According to the article, Sun Capital has acquired the Emerald Performance, the food ingredients and industrial specialties business of Lubrizol. Emerald Performance CEO Tom...
- Sun Capital Rolls Out Emerald Performance Materials. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/10/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p30
The article announces the formation of Emerald Performance Materials, a company which combines the food ingredients and industrial specialties business acquired by Sun Capital Partners from Lubrizol as of May 10, 2006. Emerald's polymer and performance materials are used in various markets....
- McMinn to Receive Petrochemical Heritage Award. William McMinn, Patricia Van; Jr. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, pS3
Chemical Heritage Foundation and the Founders Club chose William McMinn Jr. to receive the Petrochemical Heritage Award for 2004. An entrepreneur and leader in the petrochemical industry, McMinn has engineered some of the largest deals in the petrochemical industry to an "everybody wins" outcome...
- Lubrizol receives European patent for synthetic lubricants. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov95, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p42
Announces the granting of a European patent in the area of environmentally friendly refrigeration fluids to Lubrizol Corp. Direction of the grant to the basic combination of chlorine-free refrigerants; Granted patents.
- Enzo Biochem loses DNA patent feud, plans appeal. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5A
Reports the plan of Enzo Biochem to appeal a federal court decision on patent violation of a DNA-based gonorrhea test in Long Island, New York. Court ruling of Enzo's patent; Companies sued by Enzo for patent infringement; Revenues on the sale of the product by competitors; Impact of the case...
- Emerald Acquires DSM Special Products. // CoatingsTech;Feb2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the acquisition of Emerald Performance Materials LLC of the business and assets of DSM Special Products BV (DSP), making DSP a part of the Emerald Kalama Chemical business unit which manufactures and markets products and technologies for industrial applications.
- Emerald Performance Materials Reformulates Defoamer for Graphic Arts. // Ink World;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p76
The article reports on the move of Emerald Performance Materials Specialties Group to reformulate its Foam Blast 269 defoamer for inks and overprint varnishes which is said to be effective in countering against microfoam.