- REPORTS FROM EUROPE. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/13/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 20, p7
Provides updates on several chemical manufacturers in Europe as of November 2000. Decision of AH Wilhem Becker to sell its decorative paints business to Kemira company; Move of the European Chemical Industry Council to endorse the creation of a chemical agency which will control the production...
- The impact of global feedstock developments on the petrochemical industry: What Europe can do to remain competitive. // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, pS34
An interview with Hubert Mandery, director general at the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC), is presented. He believes that Europe has a competitive advantage in petrochemicals. He talks about his outlook for the shale gas revolution developing in North America. He cites the actions...
- Lean years loom for. Milmo, Sean // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p15
The article presents information on business forecasting about the petrochemical industry across the world. The European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) reckons that from 2006-2008, petrochemicals production growth will average 2%/year. Shell Chemicals Ltd. estimates that by 2010, China's...
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p26
The article presents information on various news projects related to petrochemical industry, including plan to build methanol-to-olefins (MTO) plant by China's largest refiner Sinopec, expansion of solution styrene butadiene rubber (S-SBR) capacity in Schkopau, Germany by Styron, and sign of...
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/16/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 17, p21
The article offers news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including BASF SE expecting healthy cracker margins in 2011 second quarter, gasoline prices boosting the mixed xylene (MX) and toluene spot barge prices, and the Ethylen Pipeline Sud joint venture planning to appeal a court...
- BASF to invest $4 billion in China complex. // Chemical Week;4/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p8
Reports on BASF's investment in a petrochemical complex in China. Letter of intent with China's Sinopec to set up BASF Yangzi; Features of complex.
- BASF to invest in new resin plant in China. // European Coatings Journal;2013, Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the 90 million investment of BASF for the establishment of a world-scale production plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China aimed for the production of high-performance resins and electrocoat (e-coat).
- Russia's petchem sector struggles with sanctions; weaker crude, ruble. PROTTI-ALVAREZ, FRANCINIA // Chemical Week;9/14/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 23, p31
The article focuses on the petrochemicals sector in Russia which has been struggled with sanctions, low crude prices, and depreciation of country's currency, according to the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic), a trade association for the chemical industry. Topics discussed include the...
- CEFIC calls for focus on competitiveness. // Chemical Week;11/3/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the European Chemical Industry Council's (CEFIC) contribution to the European Commission's White Paper on Growth, Competitiveness and Employment. Presentation to the European Council meeting on December 10, 1993; CEFIC's proposals.