Borealis wobbles in Q1
- PE dawn at Borealis. // Chemical Week;11/1/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 16, p30
Reports on the activation of one of two reactors at Borealis' polyethylene (PE) plant at Porvoo, Finland. Plan to start up second reactor in November 1995; Plant's use of proprietary loop reactor.
- Borealis to introduce Borstar PE technology at Stenungsund. // Chemical Business;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p87
Reports on Borealis' plan to upgrade one of its low pressure polyethylene plants at Stenungsund, Sweden. Use of a loop reactor based on Borealis' Borstar PE biomodal technology; Significance of the plan to Borealis.
- Borealis's profit dips and Borouge's contribution shrinks. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/27/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 15, p17
The article reports that the petroleum chemicals industry company Borealis announced corporate profits of $80 million in the first quarter of 2013, a decline of over 50 percent compared to the fourth quarter of 2012. The company attributed the decline to lower sales from its Bourouge joint...
- Borealis closing Hamburg plant. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun99, Vol. 226 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Borealis Group's plan to close its petrochemical facility in Hamburg, Germany. Reasons for the company's decision.
- OMV and Borealis Consider Petchems Expansions in Austria. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p21
Reveals the plans of OMV company and Borealis company to expand their petrochemical business operations in Austria. Study commissioned by the companies for the expansion of their plant capacities; Information on products manufactured by the companies.
- Diversification plans hit delays. Nield, Richard // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/30/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 22, p59
The article informs that plans to develop of some of the largest petrochemicals facilities in Qatar are falling behind schedule because of rising construction costs and a lack of ethane to use as feedstock. Planned projects include the construction of a 60,000-tonnne-a-year (t/y) melamine plant...
- Petrochemical Industry Faces Restructuring. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/17/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on the restructuring of the European petrochemicals industry. Joint venture announced by Repsol YPF and Borealis; Plans unveiled by BP Amoco for a major increase in capital expenditures in petrochemicals; Merger discussed by E.ON and OMV.
- Norsk Hydro and Borealis Consider Petrochemicals Activities. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/2/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the plan of Norsk Hydro and Borealis to increase petrochemical activties in Norway as of 2001. Background on a planned petrochemical project; Focus on the use of natural gas feedstocks; Determinant for the viability of the project.
- Borealis boosts petrochemicals. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the investment of Danish petrochemical company Borealis AS to increase its aromatics, phenol, and cross-linkable polyethylene (XLPE) capacity in Scandinavia. Expansion of its benzene and cumene capacity; Strategy of the company to continuously develop and expand its phenol business;...