THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- Wacker Posts 2001 Loss, But Says Markets are Recovering. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p14
Reports the earnings loss postec by chemical producer Wacker-Chemie for the year 2001. Effect of the U.S. economic condition on the revenue of the company; Analysis of its earnings before interest and taxes of the firm; Discussion on the industrial cost and wage reduction of the company.
- Wacker Reports Strong Sales Growth. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/18/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 16, p22
Reports the increase in the corporate earnings of Wacker-Chemie from January to February 2001. Amount spent by the company on capital projects in 2000; Facility upgrades undertaken.
- â€¦Outlines Investment Projects. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p11
The article discusses the growth plans by Germany-based Wacker-Chemie Co. Wacker-Chemie says it will continue to invest 16% of its sales, to achieve its expansion goals. Wacker is raising polysilicon capacity at Burghausen, Germany from 6,500 million tonnes/year, to 14,500 million tonnes/year by...
- Earnings jump, bolstered by portfolio streamlining. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p8
Reports on the increase in the earnings before interest and tax of Wacker-Chemie for the first quarter of 2003. Factors which led to the increase in the company's earnings; Questions raised regarding the ownership of the company; Profitability of the company's biotechnology business.
- . . . First-Half Performances Are Mixed. // Chemical Week;8/7/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the financial results of several European and Mideast chemical companies for the first half of 2002. Solvay; UCB; Wacker Chemie.
- Turnaround for Wacker asâ€¦polysilicon output grows. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;4/25/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2144, p7
Presents updates on the business operations of Wacker Chemie as of April 2005. Percentage increase in group sales of the company in the first quarter of the year; Sales profit from its siltronic semiconductor business; Information on the company's expansion project for its polysilicon capacity.
- Wacker Chemie profits soar. Davis, Nigel // Chemical Market Reporter;5/22/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 20, p15
The article reports on the financial performance of silicone and fine chemicals producer Wacker Chemie in the first quarter of 2006. An increase in operating profits was posted and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization doubled. The favorable performance of the company...
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/7/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p5
Reports developments related to the petroleum chemical industry in Europe. Increase in the production capacity of BASF AG for the intermediates dimethylethanolamine; Improvement in the operating profit of Bayer Corp.
- Wacker's IPO Will Help Fund Large Investment Program. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p21
The article reports on the plan of Wacker Chemie to launch an initial public offering of stocks on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in Germany as of March 29, 2006. According to CEO Peter-Alexander Wacker, a percentage of the company needs to be floated. The company is planning to grow its polyvinyl...