5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- FPCC to build butadiene. // Asian Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 426, p40
Reports on the plan of Formosa Petrochemical Corp. to build a butadiene plant at its No. 3 cracker project in Mailiao, Taiwan. Objective of the company with its plan; Production capacity of the plant; Dependence of polypropylene and phenol units on imported propylene feedstock. INSET: Formosa...
- BD prices set to rally again. YAN, HELEN; BRICE, ANDY; Clark, Bobbie // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that supply restrictions caused by planned maintenance at crackers in Asia and the U.S could result in an increase in spot prices of Asian butadiene (BD). It was priced at 3,800-3,850 dollars per tonne in North East Asia but declined to 3,725 dollars per tonne on an average....
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;8/2/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 18, p29
This section offers news briefs on the basic chemicals and plastics sector, including the restart of Formosa Petrochemical's two crude distillation units at its petrochemical complex in Mailiao, Taiwan, following a July 25, 2010 fire and the increase in the production of U.S. chlor-alkali by 8...
- Demand drives BD back above $2,000/tonne. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;7/30/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that butadiene export prices have risen to over $2,000/tonne in Europe as of July 20, 2012, attributing this to increased Asian demand and the closure of Formosa Petrochemical Corporation's Taiwanese plant.
- Butadiene rebounds. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 421, p34
Reports on the recovery of butadiene prices in several countries in October 2003. Factors behind the trend; Effect of the shutdown of an outage at Formosa Petrochemicals in Taiwan on butadiene prices; Information on the prices of other chemicals, such as naphtha, propylene and ammonia.
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/12/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 24, p6
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. Formosa Petrochemical Corp. is set to delay its August turnaround in Mailiao as an after effect of an explosion at one of its site. Indian government is expecting investments from German chemical companies for petroleum,...
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p16
Reports on global developments related to the petrochemicals industry as of June 2, 2003. Value of the June contract nominations for benzene; Announcement by several butadiene producers of a decrease in the petrochemical's price; U.S. reference price point of methanol from Methanex Corp.
- FPCC OCU start-up proves "unstable". Myung, Gina // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p29
The article reports on the unstable production of the metathesis unit of Formosa Petrochemical Corp. Raw materials from the new cracker and refinery were fed into the 250,000 tonne per year propylene plant in Mailiao, Taiwan in June 2007. All production from the metathesis unit will be...
- news projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;5/3/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 18, p24E
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues as of May 2000. Increase in capacity of the naphtha cracker plant of Formosa Petrochemical Corp.'s Mailiao, Taiwan plant; Budget for a polystyrene (PS) plant of Atofina in Carling, France; Chemicals to be produced by a chemical plant to be build by...