Methodological Issues in Studies of Early Articulatory Development: A Response to Dworkin, Meleca, and Stachler (2003)
- A Longitudinal Investigation of Speaking Rate in Preschool Children Who Stutter. Hall, Kelly Dailey; Yairi, Ehud; Amir, Ofer // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec1999, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p1367
Presents a study which compared changes in articulatory rate over a period of two years in subgroups of preschool-age children who stutter and normally fluent children. Metrics of articulatory rate; Methodology; Results; Clinical implications.
- 848. Development of AAV Vectors Targeted to Vascular Endothelium. Stachler, Matthew; Crumine, Jennette; Bartlett, Jeffrey // Molecular Therapy;Jun2005, Vol. 11, p330
An abstract of the article "Development of AAV Vectors Targeted to Vascular Endothelium," by Matthew Stachler, Jennette Crumine and colleagues is presented.
- LIBERAL ADOPTION. Mitchell, Richard // Prospect;Apr2007, Issue 133, p6
The article presents a letter to the editor in response to a column written by Ronald Dworkin on Catholic adoption agencies in the March 2007 issue.
- Darwin and Spirituality: An Exchange. Rose, Danis // New York Review of Books;11/2/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 17, p63
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Three Questions for America," by Ronald Dworkin in the September 21, 2006 issue.
- `The Strange Case of Justice Auto': An Exchange. // New York Review of Books;4/6/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p67
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Strange Case of Judge Alito," by Ronald Dworkin in the February 23, 2006 issue.
- Predicting Early Bulbar Decline in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Speech Subsystem Approach. Rong, Panying; Yunusova, Yana; Wang, Jun; Green, Jordan R. // Behavioural Neurology;6/2/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Purpose. To develop a predictive model of speech loss in persons with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) based on measures of respiratory, phonatory, articulatory, and resonatory functions that were selected using a data-mining approach. Method. Physiologic speech subsystem (respiratory,...
- Listening to Sound in Poetry. Robinson, Jeffrey C. // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;Jan2009, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p297
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the articles "The Sound of Poetry," by Marjorie Perloff and "The Poetry of Sound," by Craig Dworkin in a 2008 issue of the journal.
- A Preliminary Study of Factors Influencing Perception of Articulatory Rate in Parkinson Disease. Tjaden, Kris // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p997
Presents information on a preliminary study of factors influencing perception of articulatory rate in idiopathic Parkinson disease (PD). Speech samples of idiopathic PD; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Developmental and individual differences in visual memory span. Miles, Christopher; Morgan, Michelle J. // Current Psychology;Spring96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p53
Assesses the effects of chronological age, articulatory suppression and spatial ability on three measures of visual memory span. Increase of memory span in adulthood; Development of the ability to generate accurate visuo-spatial representations; Immunity of the speed of response to the effects...
- A re-examination of an irish popularity function. Harrison, Michael J.; Marsh, Michael // Public Choice;Mar1998, Vol. 94 Issue 3/4, p367
Examines the study of an Irish popularity function on the developments in econometric methodology and politics. Relationship between economics and government popularity; Issues of managerial competence; Responsibility of governments in the economy.