Glendale, Ariz., Agency's $33M Sale to Help Fund Firefighter Training Center
- Awaiting New Audit, Denver Places $150M Issue on Hold. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p1
Reports on the offering of excise tax bonds while auditors work on a restatements of the government's 2003 financial in Denver, Colorado. Aid of the city's excise tax on supporting debt and operation costs for the Colorado Convention Center; Promotion for the completion of the city's...
- THE BIG FIGHT. Waterford, Donald // National Review Bulletin;
The article reports that the excises on radio and television sets, automobiles, auto parts and photographic equipment generate a lot of revenue that the U.S. government is reluctant to lose. They may be earmarked to pull the federal highway building program out of the financial mire. Eastman...
- Federal Tax Increases Said To Cost States Billions. N. M. // Education Week;3/15/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p17
The article reports that increases in federal excise taxes have cost state governments 3.7 billion in revenue in Washington. The report stated that federal tax increases imposed on alcohol, gasoline, and cigarettes in 1983 raised the price of those products, and thus lowered consumer demand for...
- PLANNING AND FUNDING A NEW TRAINING FACILITY. Booth, Bill; Schoonover, David // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p187
Gives advice on planning and funding a firefighter training facility in the United States. Estimated cost of constructing a training facility; Factors to assess in formulating a construction plan for a firefighting training facility.
- Firefighter training centre proposed. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the proposal for a firefighter training facility in Timmins, Ontario. Factors influencing the interest to establish a training center; Formation of a committee to discuss the possibilities of the proposal.
- What is the Ideal Fire Training Facility? // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
Explores the ideal facility for training fire fighters in the U.S. Size of fire department; Function of the training tower; Training needs.
- State sales tax earmarks continue to increase. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/2/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p26
The article reports on the continuing increase of earmarking state general sales tax revenues in Utah. According to the author, earmarking is a generally poor policy as stated by some tax experts as the government will lessen its budgeting flexibility. Utah in the mid-1990s relied on gas taxes...
- Poway: New Tower to Let Crew Fire on All Cylinders. Bengtson, Stacey // San Diego Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on the plan of the Poway Fire Department to open a training tower in January 2007 in California. The 15,000 square-foot training tower, which costs $3.6 million to construct, is designed to help firefighters prepare for real-life situations. Additionally, the facility is...
- LAYTON TRAINING TOWER. Sholly, Jared // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the final action of the Layton City Fire Department for the completion of its training facility in Utah in 2013. It mentions that the construction of the facility included the development of a live fire training tower, remolding a 2,400-square foot building, and an...