Arkansas Runoffs Likely Next Month
- Incumbents take primaries. // State Government News;Sep98, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the primary dominance of incumbent governors in the United States, running for re-election in 1998. Republican nomination of Kansas Governor Bill Graves and Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist; Democratic nomination of Geoffrey Fieger in Michigan; Nomination of Lieutenant Governor Gail...
- Illinois primary results. // State Government News;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p7
Reports that the number of candidates vying to replace retiring Illinois Governor Jim Edgar was reduced to nominees following the March 17, 1998 Illinois primaries. Percentage of vote that enabled U.S. Representative Glenn Poshard to win over former Attorney General Roland Burris; List of other...
- Voters to pick 13 governors. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the gubernatorial candidates for November 7, 2000 election in American Samoa and Puerto Rico. Incumbents who are and are not seeking for reelection; Candidates for American Samoa and Puerto Rico.
- Alabama's gubernatorial candidates offer sharply contrasting spending views. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p36
Reports on the possible impact of the outcome of Alabama's gubernatorial race on the state's future borrowing. Proposals made by candidates; Campaign funds; Importance of the issue of a state lottery in deciding the election.
- 'Dirty Dozen' candidates raise gubernatorial stakes. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p23
Focuses on the funding stakes raised by gubernatorial candidates in Louisiana. Cost of estimated credible primary campaign; Identification of the source of funding; Efforts of other candidates to put up considerable personal funds.
- All GOP governor candidates have had business experience. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;07/03/98, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p1
Relates business experience of various Grand Old Party governor candidates for the state of New Hampshire. Includes Emile Beaulieu in the carpet and flooring business; Jay Lucas in the consulting business; Robert Howard Kroepel in the small music business.
- Good intentions will not make McCall governor; votes will. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;9/19/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 38, p12
Editorial. Comments on the political campaign for the gubernatorial position in New York. Competition between H. Carl McCall and George Pataki; Support of the minorities to the candidacy of McCall; Outcome of polling organizations report.
- An Early Horse Race. // Business News New Jersey;12/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p12
Editorial. Comments on the competitive prospects of candidates for the 2001 gubernatorial election in New Jersey. Outlook of the nominations of Republican and Democratic party politicians.
- At least they found out before the election was over. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the primary issues facing the gubernatorial candidates of New Hampshire. Education and taxes; Transportation concerns.