Seattle Mayor's Transportation Plan Leans on Tax Hikes to Back Bonds
- Will Green Bonds Sprout? Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p1
Discusses the prospect of the approval of the proposal for the green bond, the corporate tax bill that contains numerous municipal bond-friendly provisions, in the U.S. Explanation concerning the creation of the green bond proposal of a new category of tax-exempt bonds for large...
- Bevy of Bond Bills Passed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p33
The article reports on several bond-related bills approved by the Alaska Legislature. One bill would increase the bonding authority of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank. Another bill authorizes the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to issue toll revenue bonds and borrow money through the federal...
- 2 Fla. Pool Deals May Be Taxable IRS Probes Arbitage In $465M of Bonds. Duff Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p1
Reports on the investigation made by the Internal Revenue Service to the two tax-exempt blind pool bond issues from the Capital Projects Finance Authority in Florida. Total value of the bond; Violation of the bond issues to the arbitrage rules; Taxability of the interest of the issues.
- Surprised welcome for gilts and bonds reform. // Accountancy;Aug1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1224, p16
This article discusses the proposed gilts and bonds taxation reforms in Great Britain in 1995. Tax professionals see the move as heralding a new era of improved cooperation between the Inland Revenue and the profession. The Tax Faculty petitioned for tax to apply only to taxpayers with gilt and...
- Ways and Means Approves Gas Bond 'Safe Harbor' Provision in Energy Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p3
Reports that the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee has approved the tax provisions of the 2005 energy bill, including a provision that would provide a safe harbor from the arbitrage regulations for tax-exempt bonds issued to prepay natural gas contracts. Current U.S. Internal Revenue Service...
- Milwaukee Bucks Bill Signed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34360, p1
Wisconsin took the first steps Wednesday toward putting together a team for about $200 million of borrowing planned for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena as Gov. Scott Walker signed into law the project's public financing package.
- Corporate Tax Bill and Its Muni Measures Clear the House. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p5
Cites the key provisions of the corporate tax bill approved by the U.S. House of Representatives in October 7, 2004. Provisions that would ease restrictions on small issue industrial development bonds; Green bond demonstration project included in the corporate tax package; Revenue raising...
- Referendum Could Lead to First Alaskan GO Debt in Decades. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p3
Reports the approval of bond bills by governor Tony Knowles in Alaska. Allocation of budget for transportation and education; Commitment of the state to construction and repairs; Increase of taxation rate.
- Treasury Releases Scaled-Down Priority Items List for New Year. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31934, p4
Reports on the U.S. Treasury's released of a scale-down priority list of seven tax-exempt items on July 26, 2004. List of items that were dropped in the U.S. Treasury's priority list of tax-exempt bond items; Focus of the Treasury in publishing proposed allocation and accounting rules; Inclusion...