Florida Cat Fund Seeking Firms to Handle Taxable Note Sale
- 10-Year tips Go At 2.020% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p2
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department sold on July 8, 2004, $10 billion of inflation-indexed 10-year notes at a 2.02% yield, an adjusted price of 99.820, with a 2% coupon.
- European FRNs Draw Mixed Response. S.H. // High Yield Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the lack of investor appetite for floating-rate notes in Europe.
- BUOYANT FLOATS. Andrews, Bruce // BRW;10/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p76
Reports on the increase in the number of floating rate notes in Australia. Best float for stag profits.
- Floating-Rate Notes Gain Wider Acceptance In Junk Market. Sargent, Carolyn // High Yield Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p3
The article informs that floating-rate notes are well established in the investment grade world, and in a low rate environment such as today's, they can account for more than half of all new corporate issuance. Now, despite the woes of the high yield universe, floaters are gaining wider...
- MassPort Eyes ARS Moves. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32856, p9
The article reports on the evaluation conducted by the Massachusetts Port Authority of $106 million of auction-rate securities (ARS). The authority also anticipates refunding the debt or converting the bonds into variable-rate mode. The ARS are a portion of the authority's $1.42 billion of total...
- Florida Cat Fund Readies Up to $5B of Notes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32674, p1
The article reports on the plan of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corp. to sell up to $5 billion of taxable floating-rate notes by September 1, 2007 to provide additional liquidity for the hurricane season in 2007 in Florida. In the meeting of the State Board of Administration, the...
- New Jersey propels stranded-cost deals. F.M. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the stranded-cost securities transaction by the New Jersey-based energy provider and utilities company, Public Service Electric and Gas Co. Securitization plans by other electric utility companies; Offer of several classes of floating-rate notes.
- Market Focus: Floating-rate private deals garner new interest. E.H. // Private Placement Letter;5/6/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the floating-rate transactions of private placement investors as of May 2002.
- Prudential taps Synthetic Securities with floating-rate trust receipts. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p37
Reports on Prudential Securities Inc.'s sale of synthetic securities with floating-rate trust receipts. Bank of New York's liquidity support for Prudential's trust receipts; Residual portion's targeting of tax-exempt bond funds.