Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Post Minor Gains, Providing Stability. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Provision of minor gains, stability and buoyancy to investors; Optimism of the participants due to a repricing of the treasury and municipal markets; Impact of the trend toward higher interest rates.
- Prices Slip a Bit Ahead of Heavier Week in Primary. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses a positive sign in municipal bond market as it started a more active week of new issues as a drop in new home sales was not sufficient to take tax-exempt and government bonds higher, after widespread expectations of more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board. The Bond...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- California Bond Election Negotiations Begin to Heat Up as Deadline Looms. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p36
The article reports on the ongoing negotiations in Sacramento as the deadline looms to place a major infrastructure bond package on California's June 6, 2006 primary ballot. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has outlined his infrastructure plan, proposing a spending package that included $68...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new issue pricing, continuous investment demand and earlier gains in Treasuries.