LESS UPSIDE MEANS DIRECTV DOWNGRADE
- DBS Whispers Now Louder:. // CableFAX Daily;7/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 239, p2
Reports on the decision of Citigroup to increase the target price of the stock of EchoStar. Possible merger of EchoStar with DirecTV; Increase in the share price of Dish and DirecTV.
- UP WITH ECHOSTAR. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/24/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 29, p8
The article focuses on the 8% increase in the shares of Echostar after a report stating that rival DirecTV is planning to acquire it was published in "Los Angeles Times" newspaper.
- money: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/9/2007, Vol. 397 Issue 39, p14
The article offers news briefs related to entertainment industry. EchoStar Communications Corp. plans to merge with Liberty Media Corp. after it controls DirectTV Group. Warner Music Group and Motorola Inc. announced a global strategic partnership to produce music-based products for the mobile...
- Merger Talk Dominates SkyForum. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p30
Reports the merger of EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Optimism for the approval of the consolidation by the federal government; Competition with cable video-on-demand and high-definition television capabilities; Cost of developing a broadband satellite service.
- EchoStar Foes Foment. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;9/9/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the protests against the merger agreement between EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirectTV in the U.S. as of September 9, 2002. Total cost of the acquisition agreement; Reasons for the protests against the merger agreement; Views of several television and telecommunication...
- FCC topper: Sat deal will be scrutinized. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;11/2/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 45, p4
Reports the reaction of Federal Communications Commission chair Michael Powell on a merger between EchoStar Inc. and Direct TV Inc. in Washington. Move of Powell to set up an internal, inter-agency team to study the deal; Impact of the deal on the satellite television market; Members of the...
- AT PRESS TIME. // Electronic Media;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports developments in the electronic media industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Plans of the Senate antitrust committee for a hearing on the proposed EchoStar-DirecTV merger; Issue on broadcaster rights in the disclosure of a community-interest programming of broadcasters; Application for...
- EchoStar, DirecTV have room to wiggle. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the controversy related to the planned merger of EchoStar and DirecTV in the U.S. Proposal of a nationwide pricing of satellite programming during the Senate hearing; Concerns directed by the company executives to the Supreme Court; Plan of state government to oppose the deal.
- PATH TO DIRECTV UNION TANGLED. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;2/11/2002, Vol. 385 Issue 12, p34
Focuses on the issues involved in the proposed merger between EchoStar and Direct TV. Purpose of a review by federal regulators on the deal; Claim of opponents toward the merger; Position of News Corp. toward its bid to merge with Direct TV.